    possible to have this/these in a different location (i.e. on the NAS
    drive)? If so how do I do this please?

    Thanks, David

    DavidM, Jul 4, 2008

  2. DavidM

    Cawshus Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote in
    news:g4li4q$5rn$:

    > DavidM wrote:
    >> I'm currently using FF2 and have relocated my bookmarks (by changing
    >> the profile) to a NAS drive, so that I can share the bookmarks
    >> between my PC and laptop on the LAN.
    >>
    >> I understand that FF3 keeps bookmarks in a different file(s). Is it
    >> possible to have this/these in a different location (i.e. on the NAS
    >> drive)? If so how do I do this please?
    >>
    >> Thanks, David

    > you're right, the bookmarks are in a different file and file
    > format. Its now called places.sqlite and so far I haven't
    > heard if you can relocated that file or not.

    As a victim of very slow FF, I created a new profile. Tried copying
    bookmarks.htm across. No go. So:

    1) Opened IE7 and imported bookmarks from FF's bookmarks.htm
    2) Opened FF and imported from IE7
    3) Reorganised bookmarks

    All is back to normal.

    --
    Steve

    Due to the volume of garbage I filter out googlegroups. So do many
    others. Gmail posters are currently scored down pending troll filter
    work.

    Cawshus, Aug 3, 2008