    It then says click on OK to see the problem. How can I get past this error.
    It is like something is missing on my HD or XP disk. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks.
    Nukeguy, Jan 21, 2008

  2. Nukeguy

    S.SubZero Guest

    1. Could be the CD or the hard drive.

    2. This is the group for 64-bit Windows. Is this 64-bit Windows you
    are trying to install?
    S.SubZero, Jan 21, 2008

  3. Nukeguy

    Nukeguy Guest

    Nukeguy, Jan 21, 2008
  4. If you don't luck out and get the answer here you might try
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 21, 2008
  5. Nukeguy

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Remove the DVD from the drive. Wash it with warm water and a mild dish
    detergent. Rinse with warm water. Dry with a clean fine cotton cloth. Check
    carefully for scratches, &c, if OK, re-insert in DVD drive. Try again.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 21, 2008
  6. I'm sure you meant CD, Tom. But the instructions are the same.

    Another valid question is the source of the CD - is it an official one? Or
    one burned from some other source. If so, it could be a bad CD. And even if
    an official one, it could be damaged. Or, as you point out, dirty.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 21, 2008
  7. Nukeguy

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Yes, the acrylic plastic composite object., circular with a circular hole in
    its centre. ;-)

    You correctly enlarge the possible-fault list, and all are found too often.
    All except "dirty" require replacement media from some good source. Of
    course, one needs the same type as the original: retail for retail, OEM for
    OEM. &c.

    Tom

    > I'm sure you meant CD, Tom. But the instructions are the same.
    >
    > Another valid question is the source of the CD - is it an official one? Or
    > one burned from some other source. If so, it could be a bad CD. And even
    > if an official one, it could be damaged. Or, as you point out, dirty.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >

    > "Tom Ferguson" <> wrote in message
    >> Remove the DVD from the drive. Wash it with warm water and a mild dish
    >> detergent. Rinse with warm water. Dry with a clean fine cotton cloth.
    >> Check carefully for scratches, &c, if OK, re-insert in DVD drive. Try
    >> again.
    >> --
    >>
    >> Tom
    >> MSMVP 1998-2007
    >>
    >> "Nukeguy" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am trying to load a fresh copy of XP Professional. I re-format the
    >>> partition, I say okay to a fresh load, and it gets about 20 minutes into
    >>> the load and I get an error message that states, "An error has been
    >>> encountered
    >>> that prevents setup from continuing...Unable to find file 'Manifest
    >>> parse'."
    >>> It then says click on OK to see the problem. How can I get past this
    >>> error.
    >>> It is like something is missing on my HD or XP disk. Can anyone help
    >>> me?
    >>> Thanks.

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 21, 2008
  8. "acrylic plastic composite object" - I like it! :)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 21, 2008
  9. How about reflective beverage platform?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 21, 2008
  10. Yup, also a good one. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 22, 2008
  11. Nukeguy

    Jane C Guest

    Jane C, Jan 22, 2008
  12. Nukeguy

    Patrick Guest

    LOL now stop guys :)

    Patrick, Jan 22, 2008
  13. Nukeguy

    Carlos Guest

    Or template for cutting diet-sized pizzas servings?
    Or coaster for convenience retractable tray included in computers in a door
    labeled "DVD" or "CD"?

    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 23, 2008