    Only serious ,helpful answerers need reply.
    Flippant "wits" could you please take it elsewhere.
    Many Thanks in advance

    Hez, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Hez

    philo Guest

    "Hez" <> wrote in message
    news:OeaNd.23068$...
    > My computer supplier sent a reload disk with my computer. I would like to
    > load windows backup. I do not have a copy of XP, just the reload disk. Can
    > I download backup or do i need a xp disk? Or could someone suggest a good
    > freeware backup program?

    to restore windows all you need is the supplied "reload" disk...
    if there is any data on your disk that you need...be sure to back it up
    first...
    you do not need a backup program...just a cd burner

    philo, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Hez

    Hez Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Hez" <> wrote in message
    >> My computer supplier sent a reload disk with my computer. I would like to
    >> load windows backup. I do not have a copy of XP, just the reload disk.
    >> Can I download backup or do i need a xp disk? Or could someone suggest a
    >> good freeware backup program?
    >>

    > to restore windows all you need is the supplied "reload" disk...
    > if there is any data on your disk that you need...be sure to back it up
    > first...
    > you do not need a backup program...just a cd burner

    Sorry, I think you've misunderstood. My windows install is fine. I would
    like to install the Windows "back up" program that comes in the "valueadd"
    folder on a WinXP CD rom. Only I haven't one of those, I have a reload disk.
    Many many thanks for the reply, anyhow.

    Hez, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Hez

    jda^fx Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:55:18 GMT, "Hez" <> wrote:

    >"philo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Hez" <> wrote in message
    >>> My computer supplier sent a reload disk with my computer. I would like to
    >>> load windows backup. I do not have a copy of XP, just the reload disk.
    >>> Can I download backup or do i need a xp disk? Or could someone suggest a
    >>> good freeware backup program?
    >>>

    >> to restore windows all you need is the supplied "reload" disk...
    >> if there is any data on your disk that you need...be sure to back it up
    >> first...
    >> you do not need a backup program...just a cd burner
    >>

    >Sorry, I think you've misunderstood. My windows install is fine. I would
    >like to install the Windows "back up" program that comes in the "valueadd"
    >folder on a WinXP CD rom. Only I haven't one of those, I have a reload disk.
    >Many many thanks for the reply, anyhow.

    That's the problem when all you have are recovery cd's and not a real
    Windows cd. You don't have Windows XP but Windows XP LE because you
    can not install all the addons that there is on an standard Windows
    cd. If you can't get it on Microsofts website or get it from where you
    bought the comp, then you have to get hold of a windows cd

    --
    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Hez

    Hez Guest

    "jda^fx" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:55:18 GMT, "Hez" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"philo" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Hez" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> to restore windows all you need is the supplied "reload" disk...
    >>> if there is any data on your disk that you need...be sure to back it up
    >>> first...
    >>> you do not need a backup program...just a cd burner
    >>>

    >>Sorry, I think you've misunderstood. My windows install is fine. I would
    >>like to install the Windows "back up" program that comes in the "valueadd"
    >>folder on a WinXP CD rom. Only I haven't one of those, I have a reload
    >>disk.
    >>Many many thanks for the reply, anyhow.
    >>

    > That's the problem when all you have are recovery cd's and not a real
    > Windows cd. You don't have Windows XP but Windows XP LE because you
    > can not install all the addons that there is on an standard Windows
    > cd. If you can't get it on Microsofts website or get it from where you
    > bought the comp, then you have to get hold of a windows cd
    >
    > --
    > jda^fx

    Many Thanks.

    Hez, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Hez

    Toolman Tim Guest

    d00d! It's right here:
    www.onecomputerguy.com/software/ntbackup.msi

    Toolman Tim, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Hez

    philo Guest

    "Hez" <> wrote in message

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Hez" <> wrote in message
    >>> My computer supplier sent a reload disk with my computer. I would like
    >>> to load windows backup. I do not have a copy of XP, just the reload
    >>> disk. Can I download backup or do i need a xp disk? Or could someone
    >>> suggest a good freeware backup program?
    >>>

    >> to restore windows all you need is the supplied "reload" disk...
    >> if there is any data on your disk that you need...be sure to back it up
    >> first...
    >> you do not need a backup program...just a cd burner
    >>

    > Sorry, I think you've misunderstood. My windows install is fine. I would
    > like to install the Windows "back up" program that comes in the "valueadd"
    > folder on a WinXP CD rom. Only I haven't one of those, I have a reload
    > disk.
    > Many many thanks for the reply, anyhow.

    ok
    i guess i missed your question
    but at any rate...the microsoft backup program is not a very good one anyway
    however... XP does have the ability to burn a cd with no other software
    needed...
    if you just have some data you need to backup...

    philo, Feb 5, 2005
  8. Hez

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    | "Hez" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "philo" <> wrote in message
    | >>
    | >> "Hez" <> wrote in message
    | >>>

    | >> to restore windows all you need is the supplied "reload" disk...
    | >> if there is any data on your disk that you need...be sure to back it up
    | >> first...
    | >> you do not need a backup program...just a cd burner
    | >>
    | > Sorry, I think you've misunderstood. My windows install is fine. I would
    | > like to install the Windows "back up" program that comes in the
    "valueadd"
    | > folder on a WinXP CD rom. Only I haven't one of those, I have a reload
    | > disk.
    | > Many many thanks for the reply, anyhow.
    | >

    | ok
    | i guess i missed your question
    | but at any rate...the microsoft backup program is not a very good one
    anyway

    It's actually okay for most things - data selection, scheduling, etc. The
    only thing I find missing is the ability to write to CDRW and (AFAIK) tape.
    I've been using Stompsoft's Backup MyPC since it was available from Veritas
    because it has support for my tape drive. Plus Backup MyPC says it has the
    ability to backup "in use" files...but I've not put it to the test <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 5, 2005