    incoming calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.

    Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like
    another... as a further back up :D

    Sean, Jul 4, 2006

  2. Sean

    Jono Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    news:e8dngr$uqr$2surf.net...
    >I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!
    >
    > voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.
    >
    > I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so incoming
    > calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.
    >
    > Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like another...
    > as a further back up :D

    erm, use a Sipgate trunk & turn VM off.

    Jono, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > "Sean" <> wrote in message
    >> I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!
    >>
    >> voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.
    >>
    >> I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so incoming
    >> calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.
    >>
    >> Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like another...
    >> as a further back up :D

    > erm, use a Sipgate trunk & turn VM off.

    Suppose, they are getting better with reliably now. :)

    Sean, Jul 4, 2006
  4. Sean

    andy Guest

    Sean wrote:
    > I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!
    >
    > voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.
    >
    > I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so
    > incoming calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.
    >
    > Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like
    > another... as a further back up :D

    Does this mean you are devising your own callback platform?

    If it's going to busy and uncharged, then any country number would do
    presumably, so there's a wide field, or a UK 0560? Would most
    providers enable you to switch VM off?

    Are there advantages in doing this, over using proprietary callback
    methods - or have I got the wrong idea about what you intend?

    andy, Jul 4, 2006
  5. Sean

    Jono Guest

    andy used his keyboard to write :

    He's already implemented it, AFAIA, using Asterisk@home

    > If it's going to busy and uncharged, then any country number would do
    > presumably, so there's a wide field, or a UK 0560? Would most
    > providers enable you to switch VM off?

    It would work with any inbound number, though just to avoid being
    charged for any "network messages" indicating the number cannot be
    reached, it's safer to use a number for the country you're actually in.

    UK 0560 numbers cannot be called by all networks..

    > Are there advantages in doing this, over using proprietary callback
    > methods - or have I got the wrong idea about what you intend?

    What other proprietary callback methods are you thinking of.

    I suppose /I've/ set mine up, purely for the sake of it.

    Jono, Jul 4, 2006
  6. Sean wrote:
    > I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!
    >
    > voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.
    >
    > I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so
    > incoming calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.
    >
    > Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like
    > another... as a further back up :D

    http://www.gradwell.com/voip/asterisk.php ?

    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Jul 4, 2006
  7. Sean

    andy Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > andy used his keyboard to write :
    > > Does this mean you are devising your own callback platform?

    > He's already implemented it, AFAIA, using Asterisk@home

    I thought it a bit sounded like that - forgive my naivety

    > > If it's going to busy and uncharged, then any country number would do
    > > presumably, so there's a wide field, or a UK 0560? Would most
    > > providers enable you to switch VM off?

    > It would work with any inbound number, though just to avoid being
    > charged for any "network messages" indicating the number cannot be
    > reached, it's safer to use a number for the country you're actually in.
    >
    > UK 0560 numbers cannot be called by all networks..

    from abroad, I suppose not

    > > Are there advantages in doing this, over using proprietary callback
    > > methods - or have I got the wrong idea about what you intend?

    > What other proprietary callback methods are you thinking of.

    providers with ANI and DID callback trigger numbers, sms triggers, wap,
    web-based, etc

    I realise that using your home system means a wider choice of call
    providers (and tariffs) though, including those that don't have their
    own callback system ...

    andy, Jul 4, 2006
  8. Sean

    Jono Guest

    Peter Gradwell has brought this to us :
    > Sean wrote:
    >> I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!
    >>
    >> voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.
    >>
    >> I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so incoming
    >> calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.
    >>
    >> Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like another...
    >> as a further back up :D

    > http://www.gradwell.com/voip/asterisk.php ?
    >
    > peter

    .........I think he missed off "no monthly rental" in his wish list!

    Jono, Jul 4, 2006
  9. Sean

    Jono Guest

    on 04/07/2006, andy supposed :

    >> UK 0560 numbers cannot be called by all networks..
    >>

    > from abroad, I suppose not

    Nor from many domestic NTL/Telewest lines & some mobiles.

    Jono, Jul 4, 2006
  10. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > ........I think he missed off "no monthly rental" in his wish list!

    Yes i did!

    I am not intending on paying for it :D

    And, using my own call back, i can call from my landline, or can make
    calls from what appears to be my landline.

    So i can actually call 1471 from my mobile and see who has been calling
    the PSTN line , dont think you can do that on 'other' call backs ;)

    Sean, Jul 4, 2006
  11. Sean

    Jono Guest

    Sean submitted this idea :
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> ........I think he missed off "no monthly rental" in his wish list!
    >>

    > Yes i did!
    >
    > I am not intending on paying for it :D
    >
    > And, using my own call back, i can call from my landline, or can make calls
    > from what appears to be my landline.
    >
    > So i can actually call 1471 from my mobile and see who has been calling the
    > PSTN line , dont think you can do that on 'other' call backs ;)

    Exactly.

    Have you sussed out how to use *69 when you've dialled in. Asterisk
    politely informs me that an Unknown caller called.

    Jono, Jul 4, 2006
  12. Sean

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:

    [snip]

    > > erm, use a Sipgate trunk & turn VM off.

    > Suppose, they are getting better with reliably now. :)

    Since the server upgrade in April, yes. Only one outage I know of since
    then and that wasn't their fault (power failure due to lightning strike
    somewhere close taking out a large area..!)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 4, 2006
  13. Sean

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    > > ........I think he missed off "no monthly rental" in
    > > his wish list!

    > Yes i did!
    >
    > I am not intending on paying for it :D

    So you want a reliable service but you expect someone else to pay for
    it..? Who, and where are they to get the money..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 4, 2006
  14. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Exactly.
    >
    > Have you sussed out how to use *69 when you've dialled in. Asterisk
    > politely informs me that an Unknown caller called.

    Well, i don't understand how you are trying to use this... *69 tells you
    who last called the extension you are calling from.

    On DISA, you are not calling from a internal extension

    Sean, Jul 4, 2006
  15. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > So you want a reliable service but you expect someone else to pay for
    > it..? Who, and where are they to get the money..?
    >
    > Ivor

    Well, good point,its ok :D I am happy with how it have it for now,
    voip.co.uk are rather rilable, and i am giving them a little money anyhoo :)

    Sipgate will do as a backup !

    (I sent a message other day with info on my speaking clock, you still
    never got through to it i dont think! its 4328444 @ sipgate. And it also
    tells you the number you are calling from if you are on long enough!
    01234 818 425 from other networks..)

    Sean, Jul 4, 2006
  16. Sean

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > (I sent a message other day with info on my speaking
    > clock, you still never got through to it i dont think! its 4328444 @
    > sipgate. And it also tells you the number you are calling
    > from if you are on long enough! 01234 818 425 from other
    > networks..)

    I just tried it and got through, but it's 2 seconds slow..! You should use
    an MSF receiver or an ntp server for accuracy.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 4, 2006
  17. Sean

    Jono Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Exactly.
    >>
    >> Have you sussed out how to use *69 when you've dialled in. Asterisk
    >> politely informs me that an Unknown caller called.

    > Well, i don't understand how you are trying to use this... *69 tells you
    > who last called the extension you are calling from.
    >
    > On DISA, you are not calling from a internal extension

    Yeah, I know.

    I would like to be able to call in, using DISA, get a dial tone, dial *69
    and hear the last caller number. It worked on v1.3.

    Jono, Jul 4, 2006
  18. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Sean" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> (I sent a message other day with info on my speaking
    >> clock, you still never got through to it i dont think! its 4328444 @
    >> sipgate. And it also tells you the number you are calling
    >> from if you are on long enough! 01234 818 425 from other
    >> networks..)

    > I just tried it and got through, but it's 2 seconds slow..! You should use
    > an MSF receiver or an ntp server for accuracy.
    >
    > Ivor

    Well, to be honest, its the way asterisk works i think. It's not 100%
    accurate i know :D

    Sean, Jul 4, 2006
  19. Sean

    andy Guest

    Sean wrote:
    > Yes i did!
    >
    > I am not intending on paying for it :D
    >
    > And, using my own call back, i can call from my landline, or can make
    > calls from what appears to be my landline.
    >
    > So i can actually call 1471 from my mobile and see who has been calling
    > the PSTN line , dont think you can do that on 'other' call backs ;)

    I wasn't running the idea down, and this use doesn't look possible from
    other methods.

    I think that VoIP web-based callback is becoming more widespread all
    the time, and wonder how much it would take off if wap triggers became
    more available or easier, with 5p/minute mobile calls maybe possible
    even when roaming.

    But I'm heading off topic.Forgive my naivety about SIP etc, but can you
    use one of the VoIP firms with virtual pbx facilities and set up a
    separate extension for this call trigger? Maybe not free but perhaps
    only 99p a month with Voipfone (or get 2 separateaccounts). You get an
    0560 number free, not too helpful as already said, but could get a DID
    from elsewhere (eg free US ones from Freedigits or IPKall) to point to
    the SIP address instead.

    Like Sipgate, Voiptalk has a free area code number, and says it can be
    routed to Asterisk pbx. Or another option is a UK or US number free
    from Voicestick, which can definitely can have the VM off - it says it
    is not enabled by default. It might be useful when away from home as
    well ...

    andy, Jul 4, 2006
  20. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Well, i've found a way of doing this.

    In extensions custom:

    exten => 1871,1,Answer
    exten => 1871,2,Goto(app-1871,s,1)

    [app-1871]
    exten => s,1,Macro(user-callerid2)
    exten => s,2,Answer
    exten => s,3,Wait(1)
    exten => s,4,Background(info-about-last-call)
    exten => s,5,Background(telephone-number)
    exten => s,6,Dbget(lastcaller=CALLTRACE/${CALLERIDNUM})
    exten => s,7,GotoIf($[${lastcaller}]?8:14)
    exten => s,8,SayDigits(${lastcaller})
    exten => s,9,DigitTimeout(1)
    exten => s,10,ResponseTimeout(7)
    exten => s,11,Background(to-call-this-number)
    exten => s,12,Background(press-3)
    exten => s,13,Goto(16)
    exten => s,14,Playback(from-unknown-caller)
    exten => s,15,Macro(hangupcall)
    exten => s,16,NoOp
    exten => 3,1,Goto(from-internal,${lastcaller},1);
    exten => i,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
    exten => i,2,Macro(hangupcall)
    exten => t,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
    exten => t,2,Macro(hangupcall)

    In extensions, with rest of Macros:

    [macro-user-callerid2]
    exten => s,1,DBget(AMPUSER=DEVICE/100/user) ;!!Where 100 is extension!!
    exten => s,2,DBget(AMPUSERCIDNAME=AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/cidname)
    exten => s,3,GotoIf($["foo${AMPUSERCIDNAME}" = "foo"]?5)
    exten => s,4,SetCallerID("${AMPUSERCIDNAME}" <${AMPUSER}>)
    exten => s,5,NoOp(Using CallerID ${CALLERID})

    With this above in place, dialing 1871 from any extension on the system
    including DISA it tells you the last caller to extension 100

    Sean, Jul 5, 2006