    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
    Scott Streeter, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Scott Streeter

    Mark B. Guest

    "Scott Streeter" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Well I use to get stuff from DVD Planet, then I went to Deep Discount
    > DVD and I haven't been happy with their last attempt to send me 1
    > lousy $10 DVD (which I've yet to receive). So where are people mail
    > ordering DVDs from with good service? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Scott Streeter
    >
    > http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Amazon.com usually has decent prices on pre-orders, but most of the time I
    find that the retail store prices are just as good the first week of
    release.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jun 11, 2004

  3. Scott Streeter

    Wade365 Guest

    << Well I use to get stuff from DVD Planet, then I went to Deep Discount
    > DVD and I haven't been happy with their last attempt to send me 1
    > lousy $10 DVD So where are people mail
    > ordering DVDs from with good service? >><BR><BR>

    << Amazon.com usually has decent prices >><BR><BR>

    Also, check DVDEmpire.com... they undercut Amazon a lot of the time by a dollar
    or two and I've noticed that they have great sales regularly on stuff like
    Criterion. Excellent service, I order from them a lot.
    Wade365, Jun 12, 2004
  4. Scott Streeter

    fredman Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:16:57 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Scott Streeter" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Well I use to get stuff from DVD Planet, then I went to Deep Discount
    >> DVD and I haven't been happy with their last attempt to send me 1
    >> lousy $10 DVD (which I've yet to receive). So where are people mail
    >> ordering DVDs from with good service? Thanks.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Scott Streeter
    >>
    >> http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    >Amazon.com usually has decent prices on pre-orders, but most of the time I
    >find that the retail store prices are just as good the first week of
    >release.
    >
    >Mark

    Yeah, I live in Northern California and any major new titles are best
    gotten on release Tuesday at your favorite B&M - usually Best Buy for
    me. I've learned, though to get catalog and lessor titles online
    since the B&Ms may not get them right away. I use DVDempire and
    CDUniverse with good results. They may not always be the lowest, but
    I've learned to factor in reliability and consistancy with lowest
    price, and these two rate pretty high with me, at my location. Good
    luck.
    regards,

    =======
    fredman
    =======
    fredman, Jun 12, 2004
  5. Scott Streeter

    DVDfanatico Guest

    I like www.bn.com (Barnes and Nobles) or Amazon.

    BN has free shipping on orders over $25

    DVDfanatico, Jun 12, 2004
  6. Scott Streeter

    Griswalds Guest

    "DVDfanatico" <> wrote in message
    > I like www.bn.com (Barnes and Nobles) or Amazon.
    >
    > BN has free shipping on orders over $25
    >
    > >Subject: Reliable place to buy?
    > >From: Scott Streeter
    > >Date: 6/10/2004 5:37 AM Pacific Standard Time
    > >

    > >Well I use to get stuff from DVD Planet, then I went to Deep Discount
    > >DVD and I haven't been happy with their last attempt to send me 1
    > >lousy $10 DVD (which I've yet to receive). So where are people mail
    > >ordering DVDs from with good service? Thanks.

    The absolute best place on the net I have found is DVD Pacific
    (www.dvdpacific.com) Only other place I could recommend would be DVD Empire
    (www.dvdempire.com) but DVD Pacific are usually cheaper even with Empire's
    sales but both have excellent customer service and delivery options
    Griswalds, Jun 13, 2004
  7. Scott Streeter

    Pug Fugley Guest

    > I like www.bn.com (Barnes and Nobles) or Amazon.