    6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
    services should work anyway being SIP providers?

    Thanks for your help.

    Anon Y Mous, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Anon Y Mous

    Sean Guest

    Anon Y Mous wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm new to VOIP and I have tried sipgate's service so far. Although they
    > have been relatively reliable, I'm not too happy with their charging
    > system.
    >
    > I would much prefer a traditional 'post pay' billing mechanism.
    > Currently, gradwell, VOIPFone, JustDial and PipeCall are on my
    > shortlist. I'll be grateful if you could please share your experiences
    > of these providers. The line will only be used in the evenings after
    > 6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
    > services should work anyway being SIP providers?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    I'm using justdial at the moment, just got and set up the account this
    evening.

    Works absoluly brilliantly for outgoing calls, but i'm having problems
    with imcoming calls with my ATA (PAP2, Linksys)

    Sean, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Anon Y Mous

    PK Guest

    Anon Y Mous wrote on 09 Aug 2005:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm new to VOIP and I have tried sipgate's service so far. Although
    > they have been relatively reliable, I'm not too happy with their
    > charging system.
    >
    > I would much prefer a traditional 'post pay' billing mechanism.
    > Currently, gradwell, VOIPFone, JustDial and PipeCall are on my
    > shortlist. I'll be grateful if you could please share your experiences
    > of these providers. The line will only be used in the evenings after
    > 6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
    > services should work anyway being SIP providers?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    I use Gradwell. The set-up and administration is easy. You can have
    any UK geographic code. The Centrex virtual PBX works well with all the
    options you would probably want - voicemail, forwarding, etc. I also
    use their fax to email service. The call charges are not the most
    competitive to more exotic locations - I have rellies in Venezuela for
    whom I use Skype!. Gradwell also provide an excellent manual for
    setting up your voip adapter. It is based on the Sipura SPA 2000 but
    should be applicable to the Draytek.
    The VOIPFone site is slick but I could not set up an account and
    customer services didn't even reply. The others you mentioned I have no
    experience of.
    If Vonage had offered the area code I needed I would probably not have
    looked further than that, but having found Gradwell, I am happy with the
    service.
    Hope this helps,
    PK

    PK, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Anon Y Mous

    Ian Guest

    "Anon Y Mous" <..@..> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm new to VOIP and I have tried sipgate's service so far. Although they
    > have been relatively reliable, I'm not too happy with their charging

    system.

    > I would much prefer a traditional 'post pay' billing mechanism.
    > Currently, gradwell, VOIPFone, JustDial and PipeCall are on my
    > shortlist. I'll be grateful if you could please share your experiences
    > of these providers. The line will only be used in the evenings after
    > 6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
    > services should work anyway being SIP providers?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Hi
    Have a look at voiptalk http://www.voiptalk.org/products/index.php I have
    used them for over a year now for all my in/out business calls, They have
    been very reliable to date and very cost effective. Personally I us the
    Silver package as i make a lot of calls to mobiles.

    Ian

    Ian, Aug 9, 2005
  5. Anon Y Mous

    Mike Li Guest

    I use voiptalk as well. I have an asterisk box so their iax connectivity is
    the service I use.

    I couldn't find any other provider (and i have tried a few!!!) with
    responsive support and able to do mobile calls at 10p per minute and 5p at
    weekends. They told me that they'd port my sipgate numbers as well.

    Mike

    Mike Li, Aug 9, 2005
  6. Anon Y Mous

    GOLDSTAR Guest

    "Mike Li" <> wrote in message

    get away from sipgate and their continual falures while you can
    you could try vonage superb,flawless service

    GOLDSTAR, Aug 10, 2005
  7. PK wrote:
    > Anon Y Mous wrote on 09 Aug 2005:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm new to VOIP and I have tried sipgate's service so far. Although
    > > they have been relatively reliable, I'm not too happy with their
    > > charging system.
    > >
    > > I would much prefer a traditional 'post pay' billing mechanism.
    > > Currently, gradwell, VOIPFone, JustDial and PipeCall are on my
    > > shortlist. I'll be grateful if you could please share your experiences
    > > of these providers. The line will only be used in the evenings after
    > > 6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
    > > services should work anyway being SIP providers?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help.

    > I use Gradwell. The set-up and administration is easy. You can have
    > any UK geographic code. The Centrex virtual PBX works well with all the
    > options you would probably want - voicemail, forwarding, etc. I also
    > use their fax to email service. The call charges are not the most
    > competitive to more exotic locations - I have rellies in Venezuela for
    > whom I use Skype!. Gradwell also provide an excellent manual for
    > setting up your voip adapter. It is based on the Sipura SPA 2000 but
    > should be applicable to the Draytek.
    > The VOIPFone site is slick but I could not set up an account and
    > customer services didn't even reply. The others you mentioned I have no
    > experience of.
    > If Vonage had offered the area code I needed I would probably not have
    > looked further than that, but having found Gradwell, I am happy with the
    > service.
    > Hope this helps,
    > PK

    I have been with voipfone a while now and never had a problem i dont
    see why you could not set up an account its so simple and there support
    is very good and very quick to respond so i dunno why you never got an
    answer 10 out of 10 for voipfone as far as i am concerned

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Aug 10, 2005
  8. Anon Y Mous

    Guest

    On 10 Aug 2005 03:02:10 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    <> wrote:

    >I have been with voipfone a while now and never had a problem i dont
    >see why you could not set up an account its so simple and there support
    >is very good and very quick to respond so i dunno why you never got an
    >answer 10 out of 10 for voipfone as far as i am concerned

    I cannot fault them Mat and they have made themselves contractible by
    phone if the need arises .

    , Aug 10, 2005
  9. Anon Y Mous

    Anon Y Mous Guest

    Thank you to all of you. Given that none of you have used PipeCall, I
    think that they can disappear from my list along with JustDial, who I
    have read on a forum have poor call quality problems. Vonage seems a bit
    expensive for my purposes - I won't call enough to justify £9.99.

    I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone. I'm finding it
    hard to decide between them, I'm quite prepared to pay a little extra
    for reliability. Would either of them be able to port across my existing
    sipgate PSTN number?

    Thanks again.

    Anon Y Mous, Aug 10, 2005
  10. Anon Y Mous wrote:
    > Thank you to all of you. Given that none of you have used PipeCall, I
    > think that they can disappear from my list along with JustDial, who I
    > have read on a forum have poor call quality problems. Vonage seems a bit
    > expensive for my purposes - I won't call enough to justify £9.99.
    >
    > I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone. I'm finding it
    > hard to decide between them, I'm quite prepared to pay a little extra
    > for reliability. Would either of them be able to port across my existing
    > sipgate PSTN number?
    >
    > Thanks again.

    I have asked voipfone about this before and they said that they could
    as long as sipgate agree i guess you will need to ask them if they will
    let you do it

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Aug 10, 2005
  11. Anon Y Mous

    Sean Guest

    Anon Y Mous wrote:
    > Thank you to all of you. Given that none of you have used PipeCall, I
    > think that they can disappear from my list along with JustDial, who I
    > have read on a forum have poor call quality problems. Vonage seems a bit
    > expensive for my purposes - I won't call enough to justify £9.99.
    >
    > I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone. I'm finding it
    > hard to decide between them, I'm quite prepared to pay a little extra
    > for reliability. Would either of them be able to port across my existing
    > sipgate PSTN number?
    >
    > Thanks again.

    JustDial have had excellent call quality for me, made first calls
    yesterday, spend a couple of hours on the line... Was great!

    Sean, Aug 10, 2005
  12. Anon Y Mous

    Joe Harrison Guest

    > > I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone.

    If you use Google Groups you will see lots of articles posted in uk.telecom
    by Peter Gradwell going back to at least 1996. Experience counts for a lot
    in my view.

    Joe

    Joe Harrison, Aug 13, 2005
  13. Anon Y Mous

    Guest Guest

    "Joe Harrison" <> wrote in

    funny how he hasnt posted in here for many,many months though isnt it

    Guest, Aug 13, 2005
  14. <@> wrote:
    > "Joe Harrison" <> wrote in
    >
    > funny how he hasnt posted in here for many,many months though isnt it

    Err, last time he posted here was a week ago.
    The message is still in my cache.

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 13, 2005
  15. On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:40:29 GMT, "<@>" <> wrote:

    >funny how he hasnt posted in here for many,many months though isnt it

    <panto>

    Oh yes he has

    </panto>

    Phil Thompson, Aug 13, 2005
  16. Anon Y Mous

    Guest

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:46:41 GMT, Thomas Rankin
    <> wrote:

    ><@> wrote:
    >> "Joe Harrison" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> funny how he hasnt posted in here for many,many months though isnt it
    >>

    >Err, last time he posted here was a week ago.
    >The message is still in my cache.

    In any case what's he on about this group hasn't been in existence for
    " many many months" .

    , Aug 13, 2005
  17. Anon Y Mous

    Anon Y Mous Guest

    Joe Harrison wrote:
    >>>I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone.

    > If you use Google Groups you will see lots of articles posted in uk.telecom
    > by Peter Gradwell going back to at least 1996. Experience counts for a lot
    > in my view.
    >
    > Joe

    Do you use the service yourself?
    If so what has your experience been like?

    Thanks.

    Anon Y Mous, Aug 13, 2005
  18. Anon Y Mous

    Guest Guest

    has = as

    Guest, Aug 13, 2005
  19. Anon Y Mous

    Joe Harrison Guest

    "Anon Y Mous" <..@..> wrote in message
    > Do you use the service yourself?
    > If so what has your experience been like?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Afraid not since they wanted too much money (7 quid/month? that's from
    memory so apologies if I'm doing them an injustice) for a geographic number.
    For me the whole point of VOIP is to allow me to rid of my landline so
    obviously I really need that, can't have friends and family calling me on
    0870.

    Joe

    Joe Harrison, Aug 13, 2005
  20. Anon Y Mous

    Lee Guest

    "Joe Harrison" <> wrote in message

    >> > I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone.

    > If you use Google Groups you will see lots of articles posted in
    > uk.telecom
    > by Peter Gradwell going back to at least 1996. Experience counts for a lot
    > in my view.
    >
    > Joe

    I use Voipfone as my supplier and the service has never let me down. Their
    support staff are rapid and helpful - even to the point of calling up in
    person to go through a home firewall config problem.

    At the time I signed up [in May?] they seemed to offer the most flexible
    "menu" of services to cherry-pick from. The billing was initially glitchy
    and the "My Account" web interface is very much a work-in-progress but they
    regularly launch new services, such as the "package builder" and, more
    recently, the "virtual PABX". I do, therefore, get the impression that they
    are investing in keeping one step ahead of the market and I like that.

    As it happens, I also use Gradwell for a very small service [an incoming
    Spanish geographic number pointing at my Voipfone account] and they were
    very responsive also. I have had no problem with either company.

    Lee, Aug 15, 2005