    shutter response.

    Thoughts would be appreciated.

    Dave
    David Jones, Oct 16, 2004

  2. David Jones

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings David,

    Sorry to hear about your trouble. Not sure of the details about why your
    cameras are not working, but I would be happy to help if I can. We talked
    before on some issues. If you want reliability, I believe Kodak can deliver
    that feature. I have used Kodak cameras for a long time, obviously, and
    truthfully have not had any failures. Maybe cause I know all the ins and
    outs of the cameras and software, but truthfully, never a problem.

    Also, for your trip, I would recommend that you consider the DX7590. It is
    a great camera and should allow for some great results. And, if you have
    the chance to roam around Africa at all, you will have a camera with
    features that can take some great shots of wildlife and scenics.

    Check out the specs that you can find at the following web page.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/dx7590

    Let me know if I can help.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "David Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Has a survey of camera reliability been produced anywhere? I have 2

    Kodaks
    > each of which has had a problem (the latest one after only 5 months use).
    > Am I just unlucky or is Kodak not a particularly reliable make?
    >
    > I am looking for a new camera that must be reliable (it will be used in
    > Africa), will have about 5 megapixels, be compact, yet have a fast shutter
    > response time - it will be used to take photos at conferences and there is
    > nothing worse than trying to take a photo of a presentation but missing

    the

    Ron Baird, Oct 22, 2004

  3. David Jones

    Paul W. Ross Guest

    I admit to still using a film camera (Pentax ZX-m). Over the years
    (50, more or less), I've found it a VERY good idea to have TWO bodies.
    If something dies -- I've had it happen, believe me, then you are
    still in business. The usual issues as well -- batteries (at LEAST a
    spare set), memory cards in the case of digital cameras, and a couple
    of lenses, if things are interchangable. I also keep (film camera
    issue) a "Changing Bag," which can be used to help unsnarl jammed
    cameras in the field. It also serves as a pad in the bottom of the
    camera case, as well. Murphy was an optomist -- if something can go
    wrong, it will...
    Paul W. Ross, Oct 22, 2004