relearning 6 addrs per min; mac address 02 01 00 00 00 00

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by gclose00@gmail.com, Feb 18, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I couldn't find a solution to my problem in this group so I am posting
    this in hopes that you may find it useful.

    Problem:

    I started getting these messages in my cisco 3500xl cluster logs every
    minute.

    %RTD-CLUSTER_MEMBER_7-1-ADDR_FLAP: FastEthernet0/9 relearning 6 addrs
    per min

    sh mac showed a mac address of 0201.0000.0000 coming from
    FastEthernet0/9 along with the real mac of the nic card bound to the
    ip address. The host was a Windows 2003 server running the network
    load balancing service. This service was generating the
    02:01:00:00:00:00 mac transmission.

    Solution:
    go to network connection properties and look for the service named
    network load balancing and uninstall it. This will cause the server to
    disconnect for a moment so beware if you are using a remote console or
    your users are logged on.

    ADDR_FLAP
    RTD-CLUSTER_MEMBER
    %RTD
    NLB
    Broadcom NetXtreme 5751 Gigabit Controller
    , Feb 18, 2007