    for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    computer to my radio?
    If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?
    noddy, May 11, 2006

  2. noddy

    Allistar Guest

    noddy wrote:

    > While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
    > programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
    > my computer in my bedroom.
    > I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    > cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    > for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    > computer to my radio?
    > If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

    Buy one of those baby monitors and put the "baby" end next to the computer
    speakers. Put the "parent" end by your bed. I'm sure the sound would be
    crappy but it would work.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, May 11, 2006

  3. noddy

    Rebel Lord Guest

    Allistar wrote:

    > noddy wrote:
    >
    >> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
    >> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
    >> my computer in my bedroom.
    >> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    >> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    >> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    >> computer to my radio?
    >> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

    > Buy one of those baby monitors and put the "baby" end next to the computer
    > speakers. Put the "parent" end by your bed. I'm sure the sound would be
    > crappy but it would work.
    >
    > Allistar.

    Or an FM cordless mike, you could probably even hook it up to a power
    supply or use rechargeable batteries
    Rebel Lord, May 11, 2006
  4. >> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    >> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    >> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    >> computer to my radio?
    >> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

    Get a TV Sender..plug audio into it and then tune your Radio Reciever
    into the Correct FM Signal.

    Thanks
    Craig
    Craig Whitmore, May 11, 2006
  5. noddy

    EMB Guest

    noddy wrote:
    > While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
    > programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
    > my computer in my bedroom.
    > I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    > cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    > for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    > computer to my radio?
    > If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

    One of these
    http://pcu.co.nz/store/product.php?product=1730&PHPSESSID=b90a242e11d893425419beec39705201

    --
    EMB
    EMB, May 11, 2006
  6. noddy

    EMB Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > noddy wrote:
    >
    >> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
    >> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
    >> my computer in my bedroom.
    >> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    >> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    >> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    >> computer to my radio? If this is not feasible does anyone have
    >> another suggestion?
    >>

    > One of these

    URL that works

    EMB, May 11, 2006
  7. noddy wrote:
    > While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
    > programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
    > my computer in my bedroom.
    > I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    > cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    > for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    > computer to my radio?
    > If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

    Get an FM radio if you don't already have one, and buy an FM transmitter
    from your favourite electronics store or computer store (Belkin IIRC has
    one that I have seen available in computer stores).

    The Other Guy
    The Other Guy, May 11, 2006
  8. Craig Whitmore wrote:
    >>> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    >>> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    >>> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    >>> computer to my radio?
    >>> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

    > Get a TV Sender..plug audio into it and then tune your Radio Reciever
    > into the Correct FM Signal.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    Or a an MP3 FM sender which is commonly sold as an MP3 player accessory
    from Dick Head Smith.
    Maximum Damage, May 11, 2006
  9. noddy

    noddy Guest

    Thanks you guys for all the suggestion !!
    This is a great group

    noddy, May 11, 2006
  10. noddy

    XPD Guest

    "noddy" <> wrote in message
    > While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
    > programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
    > my computer in my bedroom.
    > I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    > cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    > for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    > computer to my radio?
    > If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

    FM transmitter - lik those ones you can get for Ipods etc - plug into your
    PC, tune in :)
    XPD, May 11, 2006
  11. noddy

    -=rjh=- Guest

    noddy wrote:
    > Thanks you guys for all the suggestion !!

    Nah, all those suggestions were crap :)

    Get a DSE USB FM transmitter (XH1927):

    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4462b7a008e3f7d62740c0a87f99075d/Product/View/XH1927

    It is USB powered, it runs as a USB audio device on your PC, so it
    doesn't tie up your PC audio output (so you can have it transmitting
    your internet radio continuously, but can still play movies and games
    and pron on your PC without the sound from *that* being transmitted all
    over the neighbourhood - or so we hope).

    Range is excellent - far greater than transmitters like the Belkin one;
    cheaper, too - and the quality is amazing. You can listen using any FM
    receiver, including personal devices as well as any connected to your
    stereo.
    -=rjh=-, May 11, 2006
  12. noddy

    Dave Taylor Guest

    -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:4462ba41$:

    > (so you can have it transmitting
    > your internet radio continuously, but can still play movies and games
    > and pron on your PC without the sound from *that* being transmitted all
    > over the neighbourhood - or so we hope).

    I have one of these and in XP Pro SP2, I cannot get both onboard sound, or
    PCI card, and USB sound device to "mirror"
    Any ideas?
    All I can do is get one sound device at a time to function.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 11, 2006
  13. noddy

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:4462ba41$:
    >
    >> (so you can have it transmitting
    >> your internet radio continuously, but can still play movies and games
    >> and pron on your PC without the sound from *that* being transmitted all
    >> over the neighbourhood - or so we hope).
    >>

    > I have one of these and in XP Pro SP2, I cannot get both onboard sound, or
    > PCI card, and USB sound device to "mirror"
    > Any ideas?
    > All I can do is get one sound device at a time to function.

    I have no trouble getting both devices (onboard and USB) to output
    different audio simultaneously, but AFAIK in Windows, they won't output
    the same audio stream (at least, not without some other application).
    AFAIK single applications can't output to multiple audio devices. I'm
    pretty sure Linux can do that, though.

    To get two audio outputs working, you set the system default audio
    device to one or other of the audio devices, and then use one media
    player (iTunes, for example, 'cos it's useless in this respect) that
    will output only through the default output device and use a different
    media player (JetAudio is great, but I think Winamp, Foobar2000,
    Coolplayer, Zinf etc will work, too) that can be set to output to any
    (including non-default) audio device for the other output.

    It all depends on the output options of the specific media player you
    are using. About 50% are not configurable and use the default Windows
    audio device, I guess. I have JetAudio running and playing through the
    USB transmitter 24/7, but at the same time I can play any audio I want
    locally at the PC using any other media player.

    I'm using W2K but I doubt if that makes any difference.
    -=rjh=-, May 11, 2006
  14. noddy

    Dave Taylor Guest

    -=rjh=- <> wrote in news::

    > It all depends on the output options of the specific media player you
    > are using. About 50% are not configurable and use the default Windows
    > audio device, I guess. I have JetAudio running and playing through the
    > USB transmitter 24/7, but at the same time I can play any audio I want
    > locally at the PC using any other media player.
    >
    > I'm using W2K but I doubt if that makes any difference.

    Aha, well I may just have to give that oldie but goodie app a go then.
    Last time I tried JetAudio was about 2 yrs ago.
    I usually use Winamp.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 11, 2006
  15. noddy

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <4462ba41$>, says...
    > noddy wrote:
    > > Thanks you guys for all the suggestion !!

    > Nah, all those suggestions were crap :)
    >
    > Get a DSE USB FM transmitter (XH1927):
    >
    > http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4462b7a008e3f7d62740c0a87f99075d/Product/View/XH1927
    >
    > It is USB powered, it runs as a USB audio device on your PC, so it
    > doesn't tie up your PC audio output (so you can have it transmitting
    > your internet radio continuously, but can still play movies and games
    > and pron on your PC without the sound from *that* being transmitted all
    > over the neighbourhood - or so we hope).
    >
    > Range is excellent - far greater than transmitters like the Belkin one;
    > cheaper, too - and the quality is amazing. You can listen using any FM
    > receiver, including personal devices as well as any connected to your
    > stereo.

    I've been considering one of these devices myself - might try the DSE
    thingie - just one exception to your comments - "quality is amazing" -
    are you referring to the device or the sound output (presumably it
    outputs in FM - so it can't be that amazing - can it?)

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, May 11, 2006
  16. noddy

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Dave Doe <> wrote in

    > quality is amazing" -
    > are you referring to the device or the sound output (presumably it
    > outputs in FM - so it can't be that amazing - can it?)

    It is very good, if you get the output levels NOT too high causing
    distortion. First adjust for an empty FM band, then adjust the volume INTO
    the device. I have it running into my living room through two gyb wall and
    about 10 meters of air. It sounds fine. If you really want to sound good,
    you will pull cables...

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 11, 2006
  17. noddy

    Guest

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 13:48:37 +1200, noddy <> wrote:

    >While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
    >programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
    >my computer in my bedroom.
    >I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    >cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    >for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    >computer to my radio?
    >If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

    Yes get one of those Jaycar FM transmitter kits made up..

    I use one and they are great, DSE used to have one as well..
    , May 11, 2006
  18. noddy

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <4462ba41$>, says...
    >> noddy wrote:
    >>> Thanks you guys for all the suggestion !!

    >> Nah, all those suggestions were crap :)
    >>
    >> Get a DSE USB FM transmitter (XH1927):
    >>
    >> http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4462b7a008e3f7d62740c0a87f99075d/Product/View/XH1927
    >>
    >> It is USB powered, it runs as a USB audio device on your PC, so it
    >> doesn't tie up your PC audio output (so you can have it transmitting
    >> your internet radio continuously, but can still play movies and games
    >> and pron on your PC without the sound from *that* being transmitted all
    >> over the neighbourhood - or so we hope).
    >>
    >> Range is excellent - far greater than transmitters like the Belkin one;
    >> cheaper, too - and the quality is amazing. You can listen using any FM
    >> receiver, including personal devices as well as any connected to your
    >> stereo.

    > I've been considering one of these devices myself - might try the DSE
    > thingie - just one exception to your comments - "quality is amazing" -
    > are you referring to the device or the sound output (presumably it
    > outputs in FM - so it can't be that amazing - can it?)

    For the price and for an FM transmitter, it is extremely good. In the
    context of casual listening, it really is all you need. That may depend
    on the type of music you listen to, of course.

    The device is stable (rock steady, no drift); you have to set up the
    levels carefully, and if you use a good receiver, you will get good
    results. I listen to 99% of my music through this device, just
    continually streaming from a server all day and night.

    My transmitter is located in the extreme back corner of the house, and I
    get very good signal over the entire house.

    There are a couple of other models available (not through DSE, though, I
    did post the URL in this ng a while ago) with better range and better
    quality, but the DSE one is fine.
    -=rjh=-, May 11, 2006
  19. noddy

    Guest

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 14:14:24 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >noddy wrote:
    >> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
    >> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
    >> my computer in my bedroom.
    >> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
    >> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
    >> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
    >> computer to my radio?
    >> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?
    >>

    >One of these
    >http://pcu.co.nz/store/product.php?product=1730&PHPSESSID=b90a242e11d893425419beec39705201

    These have a 1m range Only intended for Car use..

    Get the Jaycar FM Kitset..
    , May 11, 2006
  20. noddy

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 16:09:26 +1200, -=rjh=- <> wrote:

    >noddy wrote:
    >> Thanks you guys for all the suggestion !!

    >Nah, all those suggestions were crap :)
    >
    >Get a DSE USB FM transmitter (XH1927):
    >
    >http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4462b7a008e3f7d62740c0a87f99075d/Product/View/XH1927
    >
    >It is USB powered, it runs as a USB audio device on your PC, so it
    >doesn't tie up your PC audio output (so you can have it transmitting
    >your internet radio continuously, but can still play movies and games
    >and pron on your PC without the sound from *that* being transmitted all
    >over the neighbourhood - or so we hope).
    >
    >Range is excellent - far greater than transmitters like the Belkin one;
    >cheaper, too - and the quality is amazing. You can listen using any FM
    >receiver, including personal devices as well as any connected to your
    >stereo.

    Correct. This device is excellent. I use it for the very purpose the
    OP describes. The fact that you don't have batteries to concern
    yourself with is an added bonus.
    I've chosen to set mine on 107.9, which is at the top end of the LPFM
    freqs.
    The DFX plugin for RealPlayer was also a wise acquisition. It isn't
    triggered by JetAudio though.
    Coverage is whole of house & a little beyond.
    Good Luck
    Nho Whei, May 11, 2006