    Lionel B. Dyck <><
    (remove x- and -x from e-mail address to contact me directly)
    http://www.lbdsoftware.com

    Lionel B. Dyck, May 6, 2004

  2. Lionel B. Dyck wrote:

    > Just wondering what the relationship is with these three great tools.
    >
    > Is Firefox 0.8 more current than the browser in the latest Mozilla?
    >
    > thx

    No it isn't. FF is based on the code for Moz 1.6. THe next version
    released will be based on Moz 1.7.

    TB is a standalone Mail/News ap, FF is a standalone browser ap, Mozilla
    is a suite on the Netscape model.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

    Leonidas Jones, May 6, 2004

  3. So FF will always be back level from the current Mozilla or vice versa?

    Lionel B. Dyck, May 6, 2004
  4. Lionel B. Dyck

    Keith Bowes Guest

    Lionel B. Dyck wrote:
    > So FF will always be back level from the current Mozilla or vice versa?

    That's unknown. The developers used to say that FF would replace Moz
    (orig. ~ 1.5), but Moz better suites the needs of many people and
    companies (incl. Netscape), so Moz was retained as the main browser.
    The future direction is uncertain; FF is easier to develop, but many
    people, including myself, find Moz just to be better overall. The
    developers want FF to be the main browser ASAP, but they will almost
    certainly only do so when it means not alienting a significant user base.

    The Gecko code is the same in both, so you can pull the latest version
    from either and get the latest web rendering. But the latest official
    version will be whichever released more recently (also remember that FF
    is pre-1.0).

    Keith Bowes, May 6, 2004
  5. Lionel B. Dyck wrote:
    > So FF will always be back level from the current Mozilla or vice versa?
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Lionel B. Dyck wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just wondering what the relationship is with these three great tools.
    >>>
    >>> Is Firefox 0.8 more current than the browser in the latest Mozilla?
    >>>
    >>> thx
    >>>

    >> No it isn't. FF is based on the code for Moz 1.6. THe next version
    >> released will be based on Moz 1.7.
    >>
    >> TB is a standalone Mail/News ap, FF is a standalone browser ap,
    >> Mozilla is a suite on the Netscape model.
    >>
    >> Lee

    I've stopped making predictions. The Mozilla FOundations stated goal is
    to make FF and TB the primary focus of future development. While they
    have been saying that for a long time, it has not yet happened. Perhaps
    when 1.7 is released as the new long term stable branch, and NS 7.2, or
    whatever they call it is released from that.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, May 6, 2004
  6. Lionel B. Dyck

    Guest

    On Thu, 6 May 2004, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    [..]
    > I've stopped making predictions. The Mozilla FOundations stated goal is
    > to make FF and TB the primary focus of future development. While they
    > have been saying that for a long time, it has not yet happened. Perhaps
    > when 1.7 is released as the new long term stable branch, and NS 7.2, or
    > whatever they call it is released from that.
    >
    > Lee
    > --
    > Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    > Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    > The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    > http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > http://mozilla.org

    where does jazilla fit in this? does anyone use it?

    Thufir Hawat

    , Jul 17, 2004
  7. Lionel B. Dyck

    Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:

    > On Thu, 6 May 2004, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > [..]
    >
    >>I've stopped making predictions. The Mozilla FOundations stated goal is
    >>to make FF and TB the primary focus of future development. While they
    >>have been saying that for a long time, it has not yet happened. Perhaps
    >>when 1.7 is released as the new long term stable branch, and NS 7.2, or
    >>whatever they call it is released from that.
    >>
    >>Lee
    >>--
    >>Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    >>Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    >>The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >>http://mozilla.org
    >>

    > where does jazilla fit in this? does anyone use it?
    >

    > Thufir Hawat

    Jazilla is a port of Mozilla, undertaken by another group of open source
    people

    Jazilla is an open-source Java based development project aiming to
    create a web browser in pure Java. The code and most of the design is
    based on Mozilla, the open-source version of Netscape Navigator.

    More information here
    http://jazilla.mcbridematt.dhs.org/

    You would have to ask the people doing Jazilla how the Mozilla plans
    affect them.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org