    how much does this exam relate to supporting windows
    XP/2000 clients on a Netware 5/6 server using Groupwise
    and Zenworks. ? Would a CNA be more beneficial?
    gus, Feb 3, 2005

  2. gus

    Dave Guest

    "gus" <> wrote in message
    news:1ac701c50a39$e0a1c940$...
    > how much does this exam relate to supporting windows
    > XP/2000 clients on a Netware 5/6 server using Groupwise
    > and Zenworks. ? Would a CNA be more beneficial?

    A CNA would be more beneficial *if* you are looking at it *only* from a
    Novell perspective. That said, I'm sure there are aspects of the MCDST
    that will be generally beneficial to you as day to day support tends to
    cover both camps. The MCDST covers a whole host of troubleshooting
    connectivity and startup problems that are equally applicable in both
    Microsoft and Novell camps as *simple* connectivity problems to Groupwise
    servers can be tested by pinging the server followed by telnetting to the
    imap,pop & smtp ports. You don't need to know about the inner workings of
    Groupwise itself just to test connectivity or even how to configure
    Outlook/Outlook Express to talk to it. If you can do the CNA as well as the
    MCDST then please do so.
    Dave, Feb 3, 2005

  3. gus

    Gus Guest

    Thanks ,good of you take the time time to reply, my
    thoughts are what if MSoft muscles in and pushes Novell
    out as the prime believer...I'll let you know if and when
    I get this qual.Cheers

    Gus, Feb 4, 2005