    datbase of my bootleg collection, will I able to retain the list.

    Thanks,
    Warren

    Warren Barr, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Warren Barr

    Duane Arnold Guest

    (Warren Barr) wrote in news:14892-416F3C35-445
    @storefull-3112.bay.webtv.net:

    > For the last two days I have tried everything to find out what is

    making
    > my computer move approximately 1/100 (no exaggeration) of it's normal
    > speed. I have run various virus scans, ad-aware, Spybot, etc. and they
    > all tell me I have no problem.

    You may want to take one more look with Process Explorer (free), which
    will allow you to look inside all the running processes and see what is
    using the process.

    http://tinyurl.com/klw1

    > 2 Questions:
    >
    > 1)I have the XP re-install disc that came with my computer. If I
    > reinstall, will this most likely start me from scratch, therefore
    > ridding the problem I am having?

    When using the reinstall CD, tell the install to Format the HD before
    installing and wipe the drive clean.

    > 2)Will I be able to reinstall programs I paid for but downloaded (I
    > don't own the disk) and on a program such as CATRAXX that has a

    complete
    > datbase of my bootleg collection, will I able to retain the list.

    As long has you have the product or registration keys, you should be able
    to download the software. Some may require that you have a User-ID and
    PSW to access the download site. If you have a problem, then get on the
    phone with the software maker as they should know about you and give you
    the information needed to allow you to install the software.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 15, 2004