    and started Windows I got that same Stop Error : 0x000000ED
    Why am I having this problem with a newly formatted partition??? I can't
    understand it!
    OldNick, May 31, 2004

  2. OldNick

    Ernest Guest

    "OldNick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Further to my previous posts.
    > After trying everything else suggested I formatted Drive C: (format C: /s)
    > using my Win98 Startup floppy disk and then started the installation of XP
    > Pro from the CD. It loaded the files etc. but when it restarted the

    computer
    > and started Windows I got that same Stop Error : 0x000000ED
    > Why am I having this problem with a newly formatted partition??? I can't
    > understand it!

    This here
    http://tinyurl.com/38snl
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=0x000000ED&btnG=Google Search
    Ernest, May 31, 2004

  3. OldNick

    Nick Withers Guest

    Thanks, I downloaded an excellent article "Rick Selby's Windows XP Error
    Codes"
    After reading this I started to check the computer and found that at some
    stage I had reversed my IDE cables . The 40 core one was on my H/D and the
    80 core on the CD Rom drive. I swapped them over and installed XP Pro with
    no hassles! I was so certain about the 80 core cable being on my H/D,
    because the new motherboard and Maxtor H/D came with a 80 core cable and was
    installed with it a couple of years ago, that I didn't check it!
    While installing a second H/D recently for backup files I must have
    accidently reversed the cables....but XP still worked.
    Thanks for all the assistance I got from this group.

    Nick Withers, Jun 1, 2004
  4. OldNick

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Nick Withers" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks, I downloaded an excellent article "Rick Selby's Windows XP Error
    > Codes"
    > After reading this I started to check the computer and found that at some
    > stage I had reversed my IDE cables . The 40 core one was on my H/D and the
    > 80 core on the CD Rom drive. I swapped them over and installed XP Pro with
    > no hassles! I was so certain about the 80 core cable being on my H/D,
    > because the new motherboard and Maxtor H/D came with a 80 core cable and

    was
    > installed with it a couple of years ago, that I didn't check it!
    > While installing a second H/D recently for backup files I must have
    > accidently reversed the cables....but XP still worked.
    > Thanks for all the assistance I got from this group.

    Oh yeah - that'd do it! Frankly, I'm surprised you got as far as you did!
    ;o)
    Toolman Tim, Jun 1, 2004