    what does all that mean?

    thanks

    milo

    milo, May 3, 2004

  2. milo

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "milo" <> wrote in
    news::

    > i wanted to reinstall windows xp home on my packard bell
    > i media , it has a packard bell recovery disk and thats it
    > when i bought the computer i backed up the pc with 3 cdrs.
    > now , when i tried to reinstall xp with the floppy it got so far and
    > asked for a
    > master cd 1 which i assumed was the back up
    > but it came up with an error message this master cd does not match
    > with your computer
    > configuration.
    >
    > what does all that mean?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > milo

    When I first got by Compac laptop a couple of years ago, it had the ME
    O/S already installed on it. It also had some kind of recovery disk that
    had the ME O/S install on it, which I used to reinstall the entire ME O/S
    when I formatted the HD.

    Maybe, you need to use that CD that came with the system that should
    allow you to reinstall XP.

    Do you think that a machine that had the O/S preinstalled is not going to
    give you a way to reinstall the O/S, if need be?

    Maybe, you should make contact with the manufacture of the machine on how
    to reinstall the O/S on the machine.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 3, 2004