    recall how I did it.
    I have a Compaq presario, btw.

    Thanks!

    DóçVöñRô¢K, Dec 28, 2003

  2. You need the cab files for W98 if they are not on your hard drive then you
    need the W98 CD or your Compaq restore disk. You will also need your cert of
    authenticity with the install code.
    Mike.
    "DóçVöñRô¢K" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > How would I reinstall Win98se without a cd? I've done it before, but I

    can't

    michael davis, Dec 28, 2003

  3. DóçVöñRô¢K

    Sultan Guest

    DóçVöñRô¢K wrote in news:lypHb.6890$:

    > Hi,
    >
    > How would I reinstall Win98se without a cd? I've done it before, but I
    > can't recall how I did it.
    > I have a Compaq presario, btw.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Do you happen to have the cab files on your hard drive in a separate
    partition perhaps? Then it is possible. You might still need your cd key.
    If you have the key but not the cab files you can borrow a cd from
    someone and do a reinstall and remain legal.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Dec 28, 2003
  4. "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > DóçVöñRô¢K wrote in news:lypHb.6890$:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > How would I reinstall Win98se without a cd? I've done it before, but I
    > > can't recall how I did it.
    > > I have a Compaq presario, btw.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >

    > Do you happen to have the cab files on your hard drive in a separate
    > partition perhaps? Then it is possible. You might still need your cd key.
    > If you have the key but not the cab files you can borrow a cd from
    > someone and do a reinstall and remain legal.

    Thanks.......I found the set-up file in the cabs.

    DóçVöñRô¢K, Dec 28, 2003