    It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
    authorized retailer.
    Thanks for your help.M.
    Megan, Jun 19, 2007

  2. Megan

    Gordon Guest

    "Megan" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
    > I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
    > upgrades).
    >
    > Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
    > Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
    > xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
    > The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
    > button and the contact address was lost.
    >
    > Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?
    >
    > The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
    > and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
    > It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
    > authorized retailer.
    > Thanks for your help.M.

    You don't need a new product ID. Go through the activation process again,
    and when it fails, select "activate by telephone". Then follow the
    instructions.
    Gordon, Jun 19, 2007

  3. Megan

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Megan" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
    >> I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
    >> upgrades).
    >>
    >> Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
    >> Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
    >> xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
    >> The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
    >> button and the contact address was lost.
    >>
    >> Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?
    >>
    >> The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
    >> and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
    >> It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
    >> authorized retailer.
    >> Thanks for your help.M.
    >>

    > You don't need a new product ID. Go through the activation process again,
    > and when it fails, select "activate by telephone". Then follow the
    > instructions.

    Exactly! I've done that with both Windows XP and with MS Office products.
    Not fast, but not difficult either.
    WhzzKdd, Jun 19, 2007
  4. Megan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:57:54 +0000, Megan wrote:

    > According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
    > I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
    > upgrades).
    >
    > Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
    > Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
    > xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
    > The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
    > button and the contact address was lost.
    >
    > Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?
    >
    > The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
    > and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
    > It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
    > authorized retailer.
    > Thanks for your help.M.

    If you're legit, just call them and reactivate over the phone. I've done
    it.
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jun 19, 2007
  5. Megan

    al jones Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:57:54 GMT, Megan wrote:

    > According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
    > I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
    > upgrades).
    >
    > Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
    > Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
    > xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
    > The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
    > button and the contact address was lost.
    >
    > Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?
    >
    > The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
    > and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
    > It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
    > authorized retailer.
    > Thanks for your help.M.

    Just re-iterating, call MS it's not a problem, a little inconvenient but
    since it's your legit copy it'll take about 5 minutes.

    I'm constantly changing my machine with different things (new MB<!!>, etc)
    and they don't hassle me at all.

    //al
    al jones, Jun 20, 2007