Reinstalling Windows XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dark Angel, Sep 27, 2003.

  1. Dark Angel

    Dark Angel Guest

    I wonder if anyone out there Can Help?

    I've had to uninstall windows XP Home edition and then Reinstall it again
    due to various problems had two viruses that avg anti virus was unable to
    repair.

    I am now trying to install the webcam and digital cam from CD but I keep
    getting a number of errors, like system not been modified
    and internal error 2711 copy wme

    Any help would be much appreciated

    Thanks

    DA

    ---
    Dark Angel, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Dark Angel

    Rob Guest

    When you formatted, did you just reinstall over the OS or did you kill the
    partition and reinstall? If you installed it over itself, then your going
    to have the same problems you did when you started.

    --
    Rob B
    http://www.techhowto.org

    Rob, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Dark Angel

    Patrick Guest

    Dark Angel wrote:
    > I wonder if anyone out there Can Help?
    >
    > I've had to uninstall windows XP Home edition and then Reinstall it
    > again due to various problems had two viruses that avg anti virus was
    > unable to repair.
    >
    > I am now trying to install the webcam and digital cam from CD but I
    > keep getting a number of errors, like system not been modified
    > and internal error 2711 copy wme
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > DA
    >

    > ---

    Perhaps update your AVG, My AVG is as;

    Patrick, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Dark Angel

    °Mike° Guest

    Take a look at the information relating to cleaning up Windows
    Installer on this page:

    OFF: "Internal Error 2711" Error Message When You Run Office
    Setup in Maintenance Mode

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:47:50 +0100, in
    <bl4bf6$d62$>
    Dark Angel scrawled:

    >I wonder if anyone out there Can Help?
    >
    >I've had to uninstall windows XP Home edition and then Reinstall it again
    >due to various problems had two viruses that avg anti virus was unable to
    >repair.
    >
    >I am now trying to install the webcam and digital cam from CD but I keep
    >getting a number of errors, like system not been modified
    >and internal error 2711 copy wme
    >
    >Any help would be much appreciated
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >DA
    >

    >---

    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003
  5. Dark Angel

    Dark Angel Guest

    I have re installed windows xp the errors come up as I am trying to install
    webcam and digital cam errors system not modified and internal error 2711
    copy wme

    Dark Angel

    "Dark Angel" <> wrote in message
    > I wonder if anyone out there Can Help?
    >
    > I've had to uninstall windows XP Home edition and then Reinstall it again
    > due to various problems had two viruses that avg anti virus was unable to
    > repair.
    >
    > I am now trying to install the webcam and digital cam from CD but I keep
    > getting a number of errors, like system not been modified
    > and internal error 2711 copy wme
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > DA