    open..So probably lost registry so I uninstalled Mozilla then reinstalled
    and still when trying to open Mozilla nothing happens...Thanks in advance

    TheeBigguy
    dabigguy, Dec 9, 2004

  2. dabigguy

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/8/2004 10:20 PM dabigguy wrote:
    > xp crashed and had to reinstall . When I click on Mozilla it will not
    > open..So probably lost registry so I uninstalled Mozilla then reinstalled
    > and still when trying to open Mozilla nothing happens...Thanks in advance

    So you didn't do a "fresh" install of XP? I can't think of one registry
    setting Mozilla must have in order to click and run the .exe file.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/theferrets/email.htm
    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 9, 2004

  3. :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    > On 12/8/2004 10:20 PM dabigguy wrote:
    >
    >> xp crashed and had to reinstall . When I click on Mozilla it will not
    >> open..So probably lost registry so I uninstalled Mozilla then reinstalled
    >> and still when trying to open Mozilla nothing happens...Thanks in advance

    > So you didn't do a "fresh" install of XP? I can't think of one registry
    > setting Mozilla must have in order to click and run the .exe file.
    >
    >> TheeBigguy

    There is something flaky about that. I had the same experience after a
    complete reinstall of Win2K into a freshly formatted partition. I'm
    closing in on the problem. Today's theory is that the Administrators
    group access to every thing has been cleared, so even though I am in
    Administrators, I can't write any files. Attempts to reset the access
    for Administrators doesn't work if I'm logged in as myself. I'll try
    logging in a Administrator and expect that to work because files are
    owned by BUILTIN\Administrator and the owner can always reset the access.
    William W. Plummer, Dec 9, 2004