    to the H P registratioon page.
    What should I be doing after the install, I am using a back up to access
    this newsgroup
    noreply@invalid, Dec 29, 2004

  2. noreply@invalid

    Timberwolf Guest

    "noreply@invalid" <> wrote in message
    news:w4DAd.2805$...
    >I have reinstalled WIN 98 but cannot get on line as the P.C keeps taking me
    > to the H P registratioon page.
    > What should I be doing after the install, I am using a back up to access
    > this newsgroup

    Hmm--reregister your machine would be the first option for me---you do have
    your original details and serial dont you??
    Timberwolf, Dec 29, 2004

  3. When I click on I E it takes me to the H P site and to log on using dial
    up.
    I am on broadband

    noreply@invalid, Dec 30, 2004
  4. noreply@invalid

    Tony Guest

    >I have reinstalled WIN 98 but cannot get on line as the P.C keeps taking me
    > to the H P registratioon page.
    > What should I be doing after the install, I am using a back up to access
    > this newsgroup

    Have you got a broadband set up disk? Have you installed it? It should
    over ride the HP settings. Failing that set up a manual dial up in dial up
    networking in control panel
    Tony, Dec 30, 2004
  5. noreply@invalid

    Toolman Tim Guest

    |I have reinstalled WIN 98 but cannot get on line as the P.C keeps taking me
    | to the H P registratioon page.
    | What should I be doing after the install, I am using a back up to access
    | this newsgroup

    Since one of your further messages indicates that you are being forced to
    connect via dial up, turn off the dial-up in Internet options - Control
    Panel, Internet Options, Connections, and tell it to connect via LAN. Then
    you should get online via the broadband connection.
    Toolman Tim, Dec 30, 2004
  6. noreply@invalid

    Billh Guest

    How about getting a copy of FireFox going on that computer.

    Also look in IE's properties under connections and see if never dial a
    connection is checked.

    Billh, Dec 30, 2004
  7. Lets look at it like this, I do another install of WIN 98, after the install
    the set-up will take me to the H.P registration page which is only for dial
    up.
    I have NIL broadband and from what I can recall broadband does not require a
    disk.

    Can someone walk me through what I should be doing after the reinstall.

    noreply@invalid, Dec 30, 2004
  8. noreply@invalid

    Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:55:24 GMT, "noreply@invalid"
    <> wrote:

    |> I have reinstalled WIN 98 but cannot get on line as the P.C keeps taking me
    |> to the H P registratioon page.
    |> What should I be doing after the install, I am using a back up to access
    |> this newsgroup

    You can boot up into WIn98 right?

    Try StartEd, It's what I use'd in 98 to stop the reg of my HP CDdrive.
    http://www.sharewareorder.com/StartEd-download-20464.htm

    --
    , Dec 30, 2004
  9. noreply@invalid

    Old Gringo Guest

    noreply@invalid wrote:
    > Lets look at it like this, I do another install of WIN 98, after the install
    > the set-up will take me to the H.P registration page which is only for dial
    > up.
    > I have NIL broadband and from what I can recall broadband does not require a
    > disk.
    >
    > Can someone walk me through what I should be doing after the reinstall.

    Check Ethernet card adapter is properly installed:
    Right click my computer/properties/device manager/network adapters.
    click on the Ethernet adapter and then on properties. If it is
    properly installed windows will build a driver data base for it.

    Next check your TCP/IP adapter:
    Start/settings/control panel/network. make sure you have a TCP/IP
    adapter installed. select the TCP/IP adapter and and click
    properties then ok all and close all windows, Win98 will then build
    a driver data base for it.

    Next follow the instructions supplied by ToolMan Tim. This should
    solve your problem.

    The HP registration screen is there because you are starting from
    scratch with a new install. Good Luck. Your ISP should be able to
    walk you through this on the phone for easier completion.
    --
    Old Gringo George

    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Dec 30, 2004
  10. noreply@invalid

    Old Gringo Guest

    noreply@invalid wrote:
    > Lets look at it like this, I do another install of WIN 98, after the install
    > the set-up will take me to the H.P registration page which is only for dial
    > up.
    > I have NIL broadband and from what I can recall broadband does not require a
    > disk.
    >
    > Can someone walk me through what I should be doing after the reinstall.

    Closer reading of your posts indicates to me that it would be best to
    call your ISP. Most connections to broadband require an installation
    disk. This preps your computer for the connection.

    Old Gringo, Dec 30, 2004
  11. noreply@invalid

    Old Gringo Guest

    noreply@invalid wrote:
    > Lets look at it like this, I do another install of WIN 98, after the install
    > the set-up will take me to the H.P registration page which is only for dial
    > up.
    > I have NIL broadband and from what I can recall broadband does not require a
    > disk.
    >
    > Can someone walk me through what I should be doing after the reinstall.
    >

    > Toolman Tim <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"noreply@invalid" <> wrote in message
    >>|I have reinstalled WIN 98 but cannot get on line as the P.C keeps taking

    > me
    >
    >>| to the H P registratioon page.
    >>| What should I be doing after the install, I am using a back up to access
    >>| this newsgroup
    >>|
    >>Since one of your further messages indicates that you are being forced to
    >>connect via dial up, turn off the dial-up in Internet options - Control
    >>Panel, Internet Options, Connections, and tell it to connect via LAN. Then
    >>you should get online via the broadband connection.

    Using your back-up computer, go here:
    http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/cm_installation.html

    Old Gringo, Dec 30, 2004
  12. noreply@invalid

    Old Gringo Guest

    noreply@invalid wrote:
    > Lets look at it like this, I do another install of WIN 98, after the install
    > the set-up will take me to the H.P registration page which is only for dial
    > up.
    > I have NIL broadband and from what I can recall broadband does not require a
    > disk.
    >
    > Can someone walk me through what I should be doing after the reinstall.

    Here is more information that will be helpful to you:
    http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_faqs_technical.html

    Old Gringo, Dec 30, 2004
  13. Looks like for sure its the Ethernet adaptor.
    Set-up is looking where to install the driver from, where do I go to
    instruct the driver set-up

    noreply@invalid, Dec 30, 2004
  14. noreply@invalid

    Old Gringo Guest

    noreply@invalid wrote:
    > Looks like for sure its the Ethernet adaptor.
    > Set-up is looking where to install the driver from, where do I go to
    > instruct the driver set-up
    > Old Gringo <> wrote in message
    >
    >>noreply@invalid wrote:
    >>
    >>>Lets look at it like this, I do another install of WIN 98, after the

    > install
    >
    >>>the set-up will take me to the H.P registration page which is only for

    > dial
    >
    >>>up.
    >>>I have NIL broadband and from what I can recall broadband does not

    > require a
    >
    >>>disk.
    >>>
    >>>Can someone walk me through what I should be doing after the reinstall.

    >>Check Ethernet card adapter is properly installed:
    >>Right click my computer/properties/device manager/network adapters.
    >>click on the Ethernet adapter and then on properties. If it is
    >>properly installed windows will build a driver data base for it.
    >>
    >>Next check your TCP/IP adapter:
    >>Start/settings/control panel/network. make sure you have a TCP/IP
    >>adapter installed. select the TCP/IP adapter and and click
    >>properties then ok all and close all windows, Win98 will then build
    >>a driver data base for it.
    >>
    >>Next follow the instructions supplied by ToolMan Tim. This should
    >>solve your problem.
    >>
    >>The HP registration screen is there because you are starting from
    >>scratch with a new install. Good Luck. Your ISP should be able to
    >>walk you through this on the phone for easier completion.
    >>--
    >>Old Gringo George
    >>
    >>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

    if the Ethernet card came with the computer the drivers should be on
    the CD that came with the PC.

    Old Gringo, Dec 30, 2004