    installation to save filters and configuration?

    Thanks

    dj tuchler
    Dennis J. Tuchler, Oct 25, 2005

  2. Dennis J. Tuchler

    gwtc Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

    > I use Thunderbird and Firefox under SuSE Linux. I have configured both
    > in various ways which I would like to save and use under the new
    > installation of SuSE. What files should I save and install in the new
    > installation to save filters and configuration?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > dj tuchler

    All your preferences, settings, bookmarks, mail, etc are stored in
    areas called your profiles. When you uninstall and reinstall the
    programs, the profiles are not touched.

    To find your TB profile, see this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    To find your FF profile, see this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    gwtc, Oct 25, 2005

  3. gwtc wrote:
    > Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >
    >> I use Thunderbird and Firefox under SuSE Linux. I have configured
    >> both in various ways which I would like to save and use under the new
    >> installation of SuSE. What files should I save and install in the new
    >> installation to save filters and configuration?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> dj tuchler

    > All your preferences, settings, bookmarks, mail, etc are stored in areas
    > called your profiles. When you uninstall and reinstall the programs,
    > the profiles are not touched.
    >
    > To find your TB profile, see this:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate
    >
    > To find your FF profile, see this:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    Dennis would appear to be talking about reinstalling his OS, not just TB
    and FF.

    Dennis, the pages gwtc cites will give you the profile locations. I
    just went from Red Hat 9 to Ubuntu, but I have no idea how a SuSe
    upgrade would work as far as things like profile information. To be on
    the safe side, save a copy of each profile, so you can set up the
    profile again on the new SuSe version. gwtc's links will give you the
    profile location.

    There is a Unix group over at secnews:

    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.unix

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 25, 2005
  4. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > I use Thunderbird and Firefox under SuSE Linux. I have configured both
    > in various ways which I would like to save and use under the new
    > installation of SuSE. What files should I save and install in the new
    > installation to save filters and configuration?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > dj tuchler

    the .mozilla folder in your home directory is where all the settings are
    stored for mozilla/firefox, and the .thunderbird folder for all the
    settings for Tbird ;)

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Beta 2,
    Jedi Fans, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Jedi Fans wrote:
    > Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >> I use Thunderbird and Firefox under SuSE Linux. I have configured
    >> both in various ways which I would like to save and use under the new
    >> installation of SuSE. What files should I save and install in the new
    >> installation to save filters and configuration?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> dj tuchler

    > the .mozilla folder in your home directory is where all the settings are
    > stored for mozilla/firefox, and the .thunderbird folder for all the
    > settings for Tbird ;)

    oh how i loathe my ISP :|, keeps dropping posts

    Jedi Fans, Oct 27, 2005