    windows. Is it possible to install a new windows XP professional version
    over the old one without losing data?
    Bramskie, The Netherlands
    J.C.L.G. Creemers, Jul 30, 2006

  2. J.C.L.G. Creemers

    Martik Guest

    "J.C.L.G. Creemers" <> wrote in message
    news:44cd33bc$0$2013$...
    >I would have some help conserning reinstalling windows.
    > I have a windows XP professional version and would like to reinstall
    > windows. Is it possible to install a new windows XP professional version
    > over the old one without losing data?
    > Bramskie, The Netherlands

    yes, but not recommended, format and new install is best. Why do u want to
    reinstall? What data do u want to save?
    Martik, Jul 30, 2006

  3. J.C.L.G. Creemers

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Martik wrote:
    > "J.C.L.G. Creemers" <> wrote in message
    >> I would have some help conserning reinstalling windows.
    >> I have a windows XP professional version and would like to reinstall
    >> windows. Is it possible to install a new windows XP professional
    >> version over the old one without losing data?
    >>

    > yes, but not recommended, format and new install is best. Why do u
    > want to reinstall? What data do u want to save?

    Agreed. Primarily because if you don't get rid of the OLD installation, any
    errors may persist into the new install. Backup data and settings, and start
    over from scratch.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 31, 2006
  4. J.C.L.G. Creemers

    Plato Guest

    J.C.L.G. Creemers wrote:

    > I would have some help conserning reinstalling windows.

    Tips below

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 31, 2006