    Hope someone can help.

    TIA
    George
    George Richardson, Jan 31, 2004

  2. George Richardson

    DC Guest

    George Richardson wrote in <>:
    > Computer has 2 physical drives, each partitioned into 2 drives. Also has 2 CD
    > drives. Started having severe software problems and decided to reinstall.
    > Reformatted drive c: - booted with MS boot floopy but install can't find CD.
    > Hope someone can help.

    Did you choose enable CD-Rom support when you booted from the 'floopy'?

    --
    DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

    DC, Jan 31, 2004

  3. George Richardson

    Sultan Guest

    George Richardson wrote in news::

    > Computer has 2 physical drives, each partitioned into 2 drives. Also
    > has 2 CD drives. Started having severe software problems and decided
    > to reinstall. Reformatted drive c: - booted with MS boot floopy but
    > install can't find CD. Hope someone can help.
    >
    > TIA
    > George

    Visit Bootdisk.com and download a boot disk that has cd rom support built
    in.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 31, 2004
  4. George Richardson

    DC Guest

    DC wrote in <>:
    > George Richardson wrote in <>:
    >> Computer has 2 physical drives, each partitioned into 2 drives. Also has 2 CD
    >> drives. Started having severe software problems and decided to reinstall.
    >> Reformatted drive c: - booted with MS boot floopy but install can't find CD.
    >> Hope someone can help.

    > Did you choose enable CD-Rom support when you booted from the 'floopy'?

    George, please don't email. Nobody benefits from that. See:

    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/mail-responses.html
    http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?emailreply

    [George wrote to me, in email, the following]

    <q>
    Thanks for the reply. Boot disk gives three options. I chose reformat &
    reinstall. Important Note box says make sure win 98 CD-ROM in the CD-ROM
    drive. Press any key to continue. It is - key's pressed; response =
    Invalid drive specification Bad command or file name. Any other ideas?
    </q>

    Go to http://www.bootdisk.com and grab a Windows98 bootdisk (or create
    one from a working Win98 system from Control Panel|Add/Remove
    Programs|Create Startup Disk)

    Boot the computer with the floppy you created, not the Windows CDRom.
    Then, choose to start computer with CDRom support. You should be able
    to run setup.exe from the CDRom now.

    HTH

    --
    DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

    DC, Jan 31, 2004
  5. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:12:04 GMT, George Richardson <> wrote:
    > Computer has 2 physical drives, each partitioned into 2 drives. Also has 2 CD
    > drives. Started having severe software problems and decided to reinstall.
    > Reformatted drive c: - booted with MS boot floopy but install can't find CD.
    > Hope someone can help.
    >
    > TIA
    > George

    Problem Solved - Many Thanks for your help - New Boot Disk from Bootdisk.com did the trick.
    George Richardson, Jan 31, 2004