    Thank you,

    Dribbler

    ---
    Dribbler, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Dribbler

    Win Guest

    Reinstalling OE will not fix your problem.
    Sorry
    You see the more emails you have the more info OE has to open
    find the files *.dbx
    they are all you data in IE
    It is this data that is slowing down OE
    So what do you want to do with your data

    "Dribbler" <> wrote in message
    > I am not that good with computers, so forgive me if this is a daft
    > question....
    >
    > I want to uninstall OE and reinstall it as it has slowed down drastically.

    > have around 1500 emails in folders and want to keep them - will they
    > reappear upon reinstall?
    > Is there a way of moving them to another part of the computer without

    saving

    Win, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Dribbler

    °Mike° Guest

    Complete Clone Backup
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/clone.htm

    OLEXP How to Backup and Restore Outlook Express Blocked
    Senders List and Other Mail Rules

    On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:37:40 -0000, in
    <uKjyb.804$>
    Dribbler scrawled:

    >I am not that good with computers, so forgive me if this is a daft
    >question....
    >
    >I want to uninstall OE and reinstall it as it has slowed down drastically. I
    >have around 1500 emails in folders and want to keep them - will they
    >reappear upon reinstall?
    >Is there a way of moving them to another part of the computer without saving
    >each one seperately?
    >Thank you,
    >
    >Dribbler
    >

    >---

    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Dribbler

    Mr. Smiley Guest

    Dribbler wrote:
    > I am not that good with computers, so forgive me if this is a daft
    > question....
    >
    > I want to uninstall OE and reinstall it as it has slowed down
    > drastically. I have around 1500 emails in folders and want to keep
    > them - will they reappear upon reinstall?
    > Is there a way of moving them to another part of the computer without
    > saving each one seperately?
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Dribbler
    >

    > ---

    1. Look in OE - Help - Managing Large Numbers - Increasing your disk space.

    2. http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm

    I couldn't find the info in MS KB.
    --
    the abominable toner

    computer maintenance links & tips on:
    http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/
    Mr. Smiley, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Dribbler

    Eileen Chute Guest

    Sending and receiving emails

    Can someone please help me with my emails?

    I cannot send or receive any!

    Thank you

    Eileen

    Eileen Chute, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Dribbler

    rifleman Guest

    Re: Sending and receiving emails

    "Eileen Chute" <eileen.chute@********.com> wrote in message

    > Can someone please help me with my emails?
    >
    > I cannot send or receive any!
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Eileen

    Has this just happened or has it been always like this?

    BTW, do NOT post to newsgroups with your real email address. You will just
    get LOADS of spam.

    read these:

    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm
    rifleman, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Dribbler

    Mitch Guest

    Re: Sending and receiving emails

    In article <bqde5a$5th$>, Eileen Chute
    <> wrote:

    > Can someone please help me with my emails?
    >
    > I cannot send or receive any!

    Do you get an error message? What is it?

    If you just recently set it up or changed it, then you probably just
    didn't enter the account information correctly.
    If the account, address or password was incorrect, then you wouldn't
    have been allowed access.
    If the server names were correct, then your software didn't know what
    to do with the messages.
    Mitch, Nov 30, 2003