    then reinstall the OS directly to the laptop from the flash drive?

    Thanks in advance.

    David A.
    David Azose, Jan 12, 2008

  2. Why not pull the driver file you need, put it on a flash drive, then put it
    in your computer. Or, wind up your computer and go on line and get the
    driver you need.

    You can ADD NEW HARDWARE in the Control Panel, follow the prompts, and
    browse to your i386 Folder to look for a default driver, or let the machine
    look for the driver on its own.

    Jeff Strickland, Jan 12, 2008

  3. David Azose

    David Azose Guest

    Jeff Strickland wrote:
    > Why not pull the driver file you need, put it on a flash drive, then put
    > it in your computer. Or, wind up your computer and go on line and get
    > the driver you need.
    >
    > You can ADD NEW HARDWARE in the Control Panel, follow the prompts, and
    > browse to your i386 Folder to look for a default driver, or let the
    > machine look for the driver on its own.
    >

    > "David Azose" <> wrote in message
    >> I deleted some files on a laptop which made the DVD drive not show up
    >> in MY COMPUTER. If I use my desktop to copy my OS to a flash drive,
    >> can I then reinstall the OS directly to the laptop from the flash drive?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> David A.

    Thanks for the prompt reply. When I was in device manager one of the
    options was to look for a (better?) device driver. But the computer
    reported none could be found. I tried looking for one on the web and the
    only thing I found was on Dell's support site and was a flash update,
    not a driver. I couldn't find a driver for the Samsung DVD drive in my
    computer.

    David A.
    David Azose, Jan 12, 2008