    tools//options//programs, nothing is shown as a registered browser.

    So what is the proper command line to use for restoring IE or firefox in
    that little drop down box?
    Richard, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Richard

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 01:17:57 -0600, Richard wrote:

    >It's been a while since I've had to use this command line option to restore
    >things with.
    >After having installed a certain program tonight, uninstalling it caused

    The program was? Check it's help / faq.

    >links in OE not to open and no copy/paste either.
    >I've managed to gain back at least opening links in IE but in
    >tools//options//programs, nothing is shown as a registered browser.

    Which Tools | Options | Programs? There isn't one for OE5/OE6 and IE
    doesn't have a browser drop down. IE does have a (on the same settings
    page) Reset Web Settings / Check if IE is the default option.

    FF has Tools | Options / General, check FF is deafult.

    >So what is the proper command line to use for restoring IE or firefox in
    >that little drop down box?

    www.google.com or
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?

    look for -