registry setting for the check box..."use windows to configure"

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by drl711, Aug 23, 2005.

  1. drl711

    drl711 Guest

    If I uncheck "Use windows to configure my wireless network settings" it
    changes the wireless zero configuration properties from "automatic" and
    "started" to "automatic" and "stopped". If I reboot the setting remains
    stopped.

    If I stop the service manually it just starts up again on the reboot as
    it is set to automatic-apparently checking and unchecking the box "Use
    windows to config" makes of difference in resetting back to "start".

    If I set startup to manual or disable it, it adds two minutes to the
    boot. I think I have traced that to the netman service. I think it is
    looking or waiting for the zero service to start and just stalls the
    boot for two minutes to timeout before finishing.

    I am using an Intel\Pro wireless client.

    I can not find a registry setting for the check box..."use windows to
    configure". Is there one?

    I need to stop and keep stopped the zero config service manually after
    sysprep
    resets my wireless settings.

    Thanks.
    drl711, Aug 23, 2005