    They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy their programsto
    repair things. Are these things any good, and if so which is best??? Any
    ideas.

    Fred, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Fred

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:02:15 +1200, "Fred" <>
    wrote:

    >I notice heaps of registry mechanic and scandoctors and other fancy names.
    >They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy their programsto
    >repair things. Are these things any good, and if so which is best??? Any
    >ideas.

    Good for them. That is its good for them if you give them money. They
    love it.
    I been using Microsoft RegClean for years. I keep the undo file around
    for weeks before deleting them. If any problem just double click it
    and it goes back where it was. Never had a problem to date.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Fred

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jul 26, 2005
  4. "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >I notice heaps of registry mechanic and scandoctors and other fancy names.
    >They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy their programsto
    >repair things. Are these things any good, and if so which is best??? Any
    >ideas.

    All snake oil. Use CCleaner (free) and Winpatrol (also free)

    Google is your friend ;-)

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Jul 26, 2005
  5. Fred

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:02:15 +1200 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
    Sheep and then "Fred" <> wrote :

    >I notice heaps of registry mechanic and scandoctors and other fancy names.
    >They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy their programsto
    >repair things. Are these things any good, and if so which is best??? Any
    >ideas.

    There are better,"Freeware"alternatives.
    I use,"Regseeker" and ,"EasyCleaner",
    both free and work with all versions of Windows and also,"Regscrub"
    for winXP,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r882.html

    So the answer to your question is,"No" :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Jul 26, 2005
  6. "Fred" <> wrote in

    > I notice heaps of registry mechanic and scandoctors and other
    > fancy names. They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy
    > their programsto repair things. Are these things any good, and if
    > so which is best??? Any ideas.

    Which is the best model of car?

    --
    Freedom is never free....