Registry Question

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by BaldEagle, Dec 30, 2003.

  1. BaldEagle

    BaldEagle Guest

    A friend and I both have Kodac cameras. Occasionally when we plug the
    camera in to download the computer does not see the camera. I just
    re-install the software and life is good but my friend who is not
    computer smart runs into problems and calls on me.

    The last time I was over to his place I did a registry backup and
    installed VNC so I could take over his machine from home and fix
    problems he has.

    Anyway yesterday his machine would not see the camera so (from home) I
    did a registry backup and tried again (after a reboot). No luck!!

    I figured when I re-install the software that all I was really doing
    was re-establishing some registry links that got screwed up due to
    some sort of corruption.

    Anyway, I uninstalled and re-installed and life was good again but
    should a registry backup not clear up that type of problem?

    Also does it make any difference when doing a registry backup if, from
    regedit, you import the saved copy and vs. replacing the "user.dat &
    system.dat"?

    Thanks for any replies.

    Ken
    BaldEagle, Dec 30, 2003

  2. BaldEagle

    David Hough Guest

    Ken
    If you or your friend have a scanner attached, when you go to import,
    it wants to use the last twain device used. Open up a graphics ap that
    allows you to select which twain device and select the camera.
    David Hough, Dec 31, 2003