registry problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Felt Lair, Jun 5, 2004.

  1. Felt Lair

    Felt Lair Guest

    Everytime I boot up I get held up with four instances of the following:
    --------
    Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or a windows
    application.

    The windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file, but the
    device file no longer exists.

    If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated
    application using its uninstall or setup program.

    If you still want to use the application associated with this device file,
    try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file.
    -----------
    The four files are referenced:

    1> C:\Grisoft\AVG6\AvgCore.vxd
    2> C:\Grisoft\AVG6\AvgFsh.vxd
    3> C:progra~1\CA\Etrust~1\Etrust~1\vetmon9x.vxd
    4> vsdata95.vxd

    I assume that deleting these four registry entries (they are NOT referenced
    in SYSTEM.INI) would solve the problem, but I can't find the files. Anybody
    have any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance!

    Felt Lair, Jun 5, 2004