    these keys so I try reinstalling the Norton AntiVirus?
    Thanks in advance.
    Vic

    Vic, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Vic

    Donald Guest

    run windoctor from disk so it will check the reg maybe that will work

    Donald, Nov 4, 2005

  3. Vic

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:22:09 GMT, Vic wrote:

    >I am trying to install Norton AntiVirus 2005 on a Windows XP Home w/SP2 and

    Windows issues, as it's a MS product

    >it gives me an error 1402 that it cannot open a key in the
    >HKLM\software\interfaces\ ... I used the regedit to look at the key and it
    >tells me that I do not have permission to view or delete it. I have tried to

    Try the Symantec support site,
    http://www.symantec.com/search/
    Results for: error 1402
    21318 results found, top 500 sorted by relevance
    hide summaries 1-10 next

    failing that www.google.com among several items for -

    norton antivirus 2005 error 1402

    Norton Installation Error
    01:03 AM, Norton Installation Error. I had to uninstall some anti-virus
    as it
    was being ... Cause: Error 1920 and 1402 are caused by the application
    (Norton ...
    http://my.brandeis.edu/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0002MK - 16k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Experts Exchange - All Viruses Questions Page 3
    While installing Norton AntiVirus 2005, I'm prompted with the following
    option.
    .... Add and remove function in main windows I recive this error: Error
    1402. ...
    www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/Viruses/All_Questions_3.html - 49k
    - Cached - Similar pages

    Experts Exchange - Time Tested Viruses Solutions Page 4
    Using the Add and remove function in main windows I recive this
    error: Error 1402.
    ... Command line options for Norton AntiVirus 2005 (162 views) ...
    www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/Viruses/Top_Solutions_4.html -
    50k - Cached - Similar pages

    BugBlog October 2005
    10/21/2005 Local Attacks Possible via Norton AntiVirus for Macs.
    Security researchers
    at iDefense found a bug ... Error 1402: Could not open key [key name]
    www.bjkresearch.com/bugblog/ - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

    BugBlog September 2005
    Error 1402: Could not open key [key name] ... 6 and you are
    experiencing conflicts
    with Symantec Norton AntiVirus, then update Zone Alarm to
    6.0.667.000. ...
    www.bjkresearch.com/bugblog/bb0509.cfm - 38k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Microsoft Office Access 2003
    This problem occurs if you run Norton AntiVirus or LiveUpdate and have
    the Script
    Blocking update ... Error message: Error 1402. Could not open key... ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/ph/2509/en-us/?sid=54&aid=3 - Similar pages

    If none of that works, try the Symantec removal tool
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606
    oops that was found searching Symantec support and Google for -
    manual remove norton antivirus 2005

    >reset the permissions to allow the system full control and even tried to
    >allow the everyone group full control and I still receive a message that I
    >don't have access. It only has one user and is a member of the
    >administrators group. But thinking maybe the profile or something with that
    >user I have created a new user called "Bob" and he is also an administrator
    >and got the same result. I also tried going into safe mode and logging in as
    >the Administrator and still got the same result. Any ideas on how to delete
    >these keys so I try reinstalling the Norton AntiVirus?

    Several but being polite, see above.

    >Thanks in advance.
    >Vic

    Me

    why?, Nov 4, 2005
  4. Vic

    Plato Guest

    Vic wrote:

    > I am trying to install Norton AntiVirus 2005 on a Windows XP Home w/SP2 and
    > it gives me an error 1402 that it cannot open a key in the

    The use another anti-virus program. There are 3 or 4 good free ones.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 5, 2005