    I remember altering a key in the registry something control Current
    user/Control panel/keyboard but I can't find it. Anyone know ?

    John
    John, Nov 26, 2004

  2. John

    John Guest

    I found this, but it still turns off !

    WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide
    problems that may require you to reinstall Windows NT to correct them.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of
    Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk.

    Normally, the computer applies the user settings when the user logs on, but
    it uses the default user profile when it is first turned on, before the user
    has logged on. To turn this functionality off, the default user settings
    must be modified. The Keyboard entry contains user preferences as defined by
    choosing the Keyboard icon in Control Panel. Entries are found under this
    registry path:

    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

    InitialKeyboardIndicators REG_SZ Number
    Default: 0

    Specifies initial values for keys. 0 means that NUMLOCK is turned off after
    the user logs on; 2 means NUMLOCK is turned on after the user logs on. This
    value is set when logging off or during shutdown to preserve the state of
    the NUMLOCK key at that time.

    This value can also be changed on a user basis by modifying
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard and the same registry key.

    John, Nov 26, 2004