    Laura Mooney Guest

    I downloaded Registry First Aid and now I am hesitant to use it. Has anyone
    else tried it and, if so, how do you like it? Is it really a safe program?
    Laura Mooney, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Laura Mooney

    Guest

    , Mar 20, 2005

  3. Laura Mooney

    Jerry G. Guest

    Are you getting registry errors reported by your system? If not, leave it
    alone!

    As for aftermarket softwares that deal with very critical parts of the
    system, I would have to be very sure before using them. Check out the MS
    site, in case they give a registry cleaner. They used to have RegClean which
    was very good. I have no idea of they have a version for XP.

    Before doing anything to the registry, I would make sure it is properly
    backed up. Also, it is a good practice to do a complete system backup before
    messing around in it.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Mar 20, 2005
  4. "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    > Are you getting registry errors reported by your system? If not, leave it
    > alone!
    >
    > As for aftermarket softwares that deal with very critical parts of the
    > system, I would have to be very sure before using them. Check out the MS
    > site, in case they give a registry cleaner. They used to have RegClean

    which
    > was very good. I have no idea of they have a version for XP.
    >
    > Before doing anything to the registry, I would make sure it is properly
    > backed up. Also, it is a good practice to do a complete system backup

    before
    > messing around in it.
    >
    > --

    reg clean is well SO SO it just do small bits of the registry..
    i have been using registry mechanic for about 5 years now and am suprised
    sometimes with the amount of registry keys it finds that is obsalete
    it works fine with xp 2000 NT 98 ME
    Having used it with no problems for so many years,, i think it has been well
    tested

    AND YES no mater what program you use ALLWAYS BACK UP THE REGISTRY FIRST
    ,,some programs will do this for you,, whilst some reg cleaners will not...
    www.bigun.serverbox.org, Mar 20, 2005
  5. "Laura Mooney" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded Registry First Aid and now I am hesitant to use it. Has

    anyone
    > else tried it and, if so, how do you like it? Is it really a safe

    program?

    I have been using it for over a year with no problems. I have never not
    taken its recommendations to delete entries, however that is an ongoing
    procedure. My current registered version is 4.0 and it does a default
    backup prior to deleting.
    --

    Dave
    Central Mass. USA