    My question is what does it mean and why do i get this note.

    Thank you for your help.
    Moniquew
    monique, Nov 13, 2003

  2. monique

    °Mike° Guest

    It sounds like something has tried to set a registry
    script to run (be imported) at each startup. You should
    check your system for viruses and spyware.

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

    ** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    NOD32
    http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

    Norman Virus Control
    http://www.norman.com/products_nvc.shtml

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    Anti-spyware:
    ---------------------
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    If you continue to have problems, post the contents of
    the HijackThis log here.

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:32:48 -0600, in
    <boumkk$td$>
    monique scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 13, 2003

  3. monique

    Pete Bird Guest

    "monique" <> wrote in message news:<boumkk$td$>...
    > whenever i start my computer this note comes on
    >
    > Cannot import C:\windorws\system\IOSA.DL: The specified file is not a
    > registry script. You cannot import only registry files.
    >
    > ok
    >
    > Then I press ok and i go on to get on line.
    > My question is what does it mean and why do i get this note.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.
    > Moniquew

    To fix this you can do 2 things.
    Download and install adaware 6 personal --> found @
    www.lavasoftusa.com.
    Run it and you will probably see some data miner registry keys and /
    or an Xupiter registry key -- just kill em all.

    You can also open your registry editor - start/run/regedit - and with
    'My Computer' highlighted, click edit, then find. Do a search for
    IOSA.dl and delete whatever registry keys you find with a value of
    IOSA.dl(i found it in HKEY_LOCAL
    MACHINE_Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run). The key name
    was 'Internal' and the value was 'C:\windows\system\IOSA.dl Also
    check same key in HKEY_CURRENT USER and HKEY_USERS (you can hit F3 to
    keep searching for the same string). Reboot and that should do it.

    Be on the lookout for the Xupiter parasite and the js.fortnight trojan
    as these will cause issues like this amongst other things.
    Pete Bird, Nov 14, 2003