    xp. I went to run from the start menu and typed in scanreg, but the command
    won't work with window xp.

    Thanks.
    Raymond, Oct 10, 2003

  2. On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:04:13 -0500, "Raymond"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello folks, how do I scan my registry if I think it is corrupted in window
    >xp. I went to run from the start menu and typed in scanreg, but the command
    >won't work with window xp.
    >
    >Thanks.

    It's maybe not very corrupted if you can get to the Start menu...is
    Restore/GoBack (whatever it is called; it's been awhile with ME/XP)
    running? What makes you think it is corrupted, that is, what are the
    symptoms?

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Raymond

    Raymond Guest

    It's maybe not very corrupted if you can get to the Start menu...is
    Restore/GoBack (whatever it is called; it's been awhile with ME/XP)
    running? What makes you think it is corrupted, that is, what are the
    symptoms?

    You are right it is not corrupted if I am in window. However, I just want
    to know a way to scan my registry in case I suspect it is corrupted. Window
    9x and window 2000 have a program called scanreg, but the scanreg is not
    working at the run menu in window xp. What is the scanreg for window xp?
    is there a different command line?

    Thanks
    Raymond, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Raymond

    Geoff Guest

    Raymond wrote:
    > It's maybe not very corrupted if you can get to the Start menu...is
    > Restore/GoBack (whatever it is called; it's been awhile with ME/XP)
    > running? What makes you think it is corrupted, that is, what are the
    > symptoms?
    >>>>>>

    > You are right it is not corrupted if I am in window. However, I just
    > want to know a way to scan my registry in case I suspect it is
    > corrupted. Window 9x and window 2000 have a program called scanreg,
    > but the scanreg is not working at the run menu in window xp. What is
    > the scanreg for window xp? is there a different command line?
    >
    > Thanks

    what makes you think your registary might be currupt ?
    also, win2000 has a scanreg command?
    news to me
    Geoff, Oct 11, 2003
  5. In article <bm9aj6$jr9dl$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Raymond wrote:
    > > It's maybe not very corrupted if you can get to the Start menu...is
    > > Restore/GoBack (whatever it is called; it's been awhile with ME/XP)
    > > running? What makes you think it is corrupted, that is, what are the
    > > symptoms?
    > >>>>>>

    > > You are right it is not corrupted if I am in window. However, I just
    > > want to know a way to scan my registry in case I suspect it is
    > > corrupted. Window 9x and window 2000 have a program called scanreg,
    > > but the scanreg is not working at the run menu in window xp. What is
    > > the scanreg for window xp? is there a different command line?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > what makes you think your registary might be currupt ?
    > also, win2000 has a scanreg command?
    > news to me

    What usually works for me, is to boot up into safe mode press F8 at
    start up, then run Norton Systemworks Professional right from the CD.
    Choose the (WINDOCTOR) option from the menu, and have it do all the
    tests. It never ceases to amaze me how many times this one program has
    saved my butt. You really got to hand it to those people at Symantec.
    Hill Street Blues, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Raymond

    Dan Dawson Guest

    Hi,

    I have seen, Norton System Works 2003 PRO selling for $6.40 in the ebay. Is
    it possible or am I getting something wrong. Because I saw the price on a
    local computer store here in Canada and it was in the hundreds. I am new to
    this business, please shed some light.

    Thanks.
    Dan.

    Dan Dawson, Oct 22, 2003