Registry Cleanup - Hardware Drivers

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnktTGFzZXI=?=, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. Hello
    I have a Toshiba a25-s208 (XP pro-SP2, P4-2.66, 1Gig, 40 Gig hd, Toshiba
    Wireless "MiniPCI"[Agere chip]
    My problem is with the Wireless adapter, after updatingmy drivers my system
    functioned properly for quite some time then it stopped connectiong to my
    home network (linksys 11b, WEP 64 secure). after troublesooting with every
    resource I could find I finaly got it working again for a short time, 2 - 3
    days. Then it went down again, Agere and Toshiba TS both reccomended
    Uninstalling, then reinstalling the hardware and drivers (possible
    corruption).

    After doing this, not only does it still not connect, but also Netstumbler
    reports an error, and sees no networks at all.

    After a bit of registry investigating, I find that I still have registry
    keys from previous installations (Wireless Network Connection (2) - (3)
    ect...

    Can I remove All Registry Entries for the Wireless Card and Then ReInstall
    the card and Drivers Properly. (I really do not want to Format and ReInstall
    all of my Software, I have a lot)

    Any Help would be Greatly appreciated
    --
    neo-Geek
    don't mind me, I'm just learning too.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnktTGFzZXI=?=, Dec 16, 2005

  2. You better try to use system restore first, if it wont help do not delete
    registry keys but just rename them.

    Simas Kvilius, Dec 16, 2005