    delete the "red" items, they are ones marked as "Open with entry not used",
    "extention not used", and "invalid application path". In your opinions, is
    it safe to delete these type of things?

    Beth M., Dec 2, 2005

  2. Beth M.

    bmoag Guest

    It is actually pretty unlikelythat registry cleaners will eliminate the
    really bad stuff, like disguised spyware entries. Most of the stuff they
    delete is harmless. Often, as you are wary, they offer to allow you to
    delete vital information. After experiencing registry cleaner mischief I
    personally do not see their value.

    bmoag, Dec 2, 2005

  3. Beth M.

    Plato Guest

    bmoag wrote:

    > It is actually pretty unlikelythat registry cleaners will eliminate the
    > really bad stuff, like disguised spyware entries. Most of the stuff they
    > delete is harmless. Often, as you are wary, they offer to allow you to
    > delete vital information. After experiencing registry cleaner mischief I
    > personally do not see their value.

    Well, registry cleaners generally ID calls to files that no longer
    exist. Agreed they are not for finding bad stuff....

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 2, 2005
  4. Beth M.

    gardenlen Guest

    g'day plato,

    if i might ask then is there any program that might find the bad
    stuff?

    tia

    snipped
    With peace and brightest of blessings,

    len

    --
    "Be Content With What You Have And
    A World That You May Not Understand."

    http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1

    gardenlen, Dec 2, 2005
  5. Beth M.

    Plato Guest

    gardenlen wrote:

    > if i might ask then is there any program that might find the bad
    > stuff?

    Bad stuff? Is usually spyware these days. Use one of the free
    anti-spyware apps.

    Plato, Dec 3, 2005
  6. Beth M.

    gardenlen Guest