    Jim Guest

    I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did it
    help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

    Jim, May 28, 2007

  2. Jim

    Vanguard Guest

    "Jim" wrote in message news:XMr6i.230043$DE1.179955@pd7urf2no...
    >I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner.

    > Did it help?

    Yes

    > Did it cause any problems?

    Yes

    If YOU don't understand the entries that it shows you that it intends to
    delete or modify then you have no business using a registry cleaner.
    YOU are the final authority. A registry cleaner should only be used to
    automate what you can do yourself in the registry.

    Vanguard, May 28, 2007

  3. Jim

    Guest

    , May 28, 2007
  4. Jim

    Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Jim" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did
    >>it
    >>help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

    > Just defrag (Optimiz) the registry files
    > http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
    > Run ERUNT if you decide to test a cleaner.

    Defragmentation does nothing to speed up the registry. The .dat files
    are read into memory and it is the memory copy that becomes the database
    used by Windows and applications. Fragmentation is irrelevant in
    memory.

    Vanguard, May 28, 2007
  5. Jim wrote:
    > I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did it
    > help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

    XP registry files were designed from the get-go to not need "cleaning".
    If you really need to clean the registry then it is grotesquely screwed
    up. Doing because it might be a good idea is a bad idea.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 28, 2007
  6. Jim

    Guest

    "Vanguard" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "Jim" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did
    >>>it
    >>>help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

    >> Just defrag (Optimiz) the registry files
    >> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
    >> Run ERUNT if you decide to test a cleaner.

    >Defragmentation does nothing to speed up the registry. The .dat files
    >are read into memory and it is the memory copy that becomes the database
    >used by Windows and applications. Fragmentation is irrelevant in
    >memory.

    The post was mainly for ERUNT if they are going to clean the registry,
    RegOpt sit's next to it so I thru it in.

    The defrag'd registry files are read from the HD to be loaded into
    memory, so for that amount of time you cruise :)

    --

    Evil Ka
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TvtzEgFBl3I

    , May 28, 2007
  7. Jim

    NineHood Guest

    On Mon, 28 May 2007 03:12:55 GMT, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did it
    >help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

    Never had a problem using RegSeeker. Always make sure you review and
    backup your modified entries! http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

    NineHood, May 28, 2007
  8. Jim

    Plato Guest