    machine, on a P-4 3.2Ghz processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query.
    Thanks.

    , Mar 14, 2006

  2. vbMark Guest

    wrote in

    If you would have gone to my site http://www.vbmark.com
    you would have found http://www.ccleaner.com/

    --
    Get rated at http://ratemysite.thoughtbattle.com
    Get freeware at http://www.vbmark.com

    vbMark, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Scraggy Guest

    wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been
    > using Easy Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just
    > downloaded a trial version of a program called Registry Cleaner, from
    > an e-mail ad from C-Net. This program found what it called 411
    > invalid entries/problems. However, the trial version only fixes
    > twenty of them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I
    > cancelled the operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found
    > about 18 problems which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is.
    > So I'd appreciate some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner,
    > as my machine seems to be sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot
    > regularly, as well as Easy Cleaner, but as I mention, I now wonder
    > about Easy Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro machine, on a P-4
    > 3.2Ghz processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query. Thanks.

    While I don't know anything about RC cos ICBA to check, I would
    automatically suspect that it they want your money they will have to prove
    their system works.QED.

    I would treat it as smoke & mirrors and carry on as you are .

    Do you have Spywareblaster installed?
    I also use Ewido on an irregular basis, It finds the odd cookie or two.
    http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ free for 14 days but then you have to
    update manually. No biggie.

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Mar 14, 2006
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:56:27 GMT, vbMark <> wrote:

    > wrote in
    >
    >> Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been
    >> using Easy Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just downloaded
    >> a trial version of a program called Registry Cleaner, from an e-mail
    >> ad from C-Net. This program found what it called 411 invalid
    >> entries/problems. However, the trial version only fixes twenty of
    >> them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I cancelled the
    >> operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found about 18 problems
    >> which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is. So I'd appreciate
    >> some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner, as my machine
    >> seems to be sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot regularly, as
    >> well as Easy Cleaner, but as I mention, I now wonder about Easy
    >> Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro machine, on a P-4 3.2Ghz
    >> processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query. Thanks.
    >>

    >If you would have gone to my site http://www.vbmark.com
    >you would have found http://www.ccleaner.com/

    Thanks. I wasn't aware of your site until now. I just downloaded that program
    and will give it a try.

    , Mar 14, 2006
  5. Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:02:56 -0000, "Scraggy" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been
    >> using Easy Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just
    >> downloaded a trial version of a program called Registry Cleaner, from
    >> an e-mail ad from C-Net. This program found what it called 411
    >> invalid entries/problems. However, the trial version only fixes
    >> twenty of them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I
    >> cancelled the operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found
    >> about 18 problems which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is.
    >> So I'd appreciate some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner,
    >> as my machine seems to be sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot
    >> regularly, as well as Easy Cleaner, but as I mention, I now wonder
    >> about Easy Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro machine, on a P-4
    >> 3.2Ghz processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query. Thanks.

    >While I don't know anything about RC cos ICBA to check, I would
    >automatically suspect that it they want your money they will have to prove
    >their system works.QED.
    >
    >I would treat it as smoke & mirrors and carry on as you are .
    >
    >Do you have Spywareblaster installed?
    >http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >I also use Ewido on an irregular basis, It finds the odd cookie or two.
    >http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ free for 14 days but then you have to
    >update manually. No biggie.

    Thanks. I'll give them a try. Is there any harm in running more than one program
    to clean out spyware?

    , Mar 14, 2006
  6. I purchased and use RegSupreme.

    http://www.macecraft.com/regsupreme/

    I also use RegSeeker:

    http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

    wrote

    @}-}-------Rosee, Mar 14, 2006
  7. Scraggy Guest

    wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:02:56 -0000, "Scraggy"
    > <> wrote:

    >> While I don't know anything about RC cos ICBA to check, I would
    >> automatically suspect that it they want your money they will have to
    >> prove their system works.QED.
    >>
    >> I would treat it as smoke & mirrors and carry on as you are .
    >>
    >> Do you have Spywareblaster installed?
    >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >> I also use Ewido on an irregular basis, It finds the odd cookie or
    >> two. http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ free for 14 days but then you
    >> have to update manually. No biggie.

    > Thanks. I'll give them a try. Is there any harm in running more than
    > one program to clean out spyware?

    Absolutely none, just not at the same time(in the scan mode). FYI
    Spywareblaster simply 'immunises' your registry against malware
    installation, nothing runs in your processes. Ewido is purely a scanner
    after the 14 day trial.

    HTH

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Mar 14, 2006
  8. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    Easy Cleaner is the MOST conservative cleaner, and therefor, is
    RECOMMENDED. Using other cleaners may make your pc unusable.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 14, 2006
  9. I use regvac. Very simple for a simple person like me tho one can use
    advanced version on same prog.

    Gee Ms rawlings will be pleased with me.

    Harold potter esq, Mar 14, 2006
  10. Spuds Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:51:19 -0500, wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been using Easy
    >Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just downloaded a trial version of a
    >program called Registry Cleaner, from an e-mail ad from C-Net. This program
    >found what it called 411 invalid entries/problems. However, the trial version
    >only fixes twenty of them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I
    >cancelled the operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found about 18
    >problems which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is. So I'd appreciate
    >some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner, as my machine seems to be
    >sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot regularly, as well as Easy Cleaner,
    >but as I mention, I now wonder about Easy Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro
    >machine, on a P-4 3.2Ghz processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query.
    >Thanks.

    This makes for good reading regarding claims of some registry cleaners;
    http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=171203805
    --
    Many people would rather die than think;

    Spuds, Mar 16, 2006
  11. ronald price Guest

    I can recommend a brilliant little program called Tuneup Utilities. This is
    very effective at cleaning the reg and defragging it, plus loads of other
    stuff. I can send via msngr if u want it.

    ronald price, Mar 17, 2006