    and 512MB Ram. Aren't registry values really small. And when I do a delete-internet
    files is that not doing the same thing ?

    P.
    Peter, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Peter wrote:

    > Looking on zdnet I saw the following description for CCleaner :
    >
    > CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a system optimization tool. It removes unused and temporary
    > files from your system, allowing it to run faster and more efficiently, and giving you more
    > hard-disk space. The application cleans traces left by Windows, Internet Explorer, and
    > third-party applications. Version 1.19.108 may include unspecified updates,
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP but know v.little about how my computer does things.
    >
    > My question is this, Am I going to benefit from this type of clean-up. I've a 160GB HD
    > and 512MB Ram. Aren't registry values really small. And when I do a delete-internet
    > files is that not doing the same thing ?

    Not the same thing. CCleaner is a good program, whether or not it
    improves the performance depends more on whether or not you're having
    problems with too many temp files. It's main reason for popularity I
    would guess is for privacy. It takes out a lot of the hints left behind
    in Windows of what you've been up to. Easy Cleaner is a little
    different, it does more toward cleaning the registry, hunting down
    unecessary and duplicate files.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Peter

    Shep© Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:09:23 +0100 He understood Liz1 so well "Peter"
    <> wrote :

    >Looking on zdnet I saw the following description for CCleaner :
    >
    >CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a system optimization tool. It removes unused and temporary
    >files from your system, allowing it to run faster and more efficiently, and giving you more
    >hard-disk space. The application cleans traces left by Windows, Internet Explorer, and
    >third-party applications. Version 1.19.108 may include unspecified updates,
    >
    >I'm running Windows XP but know v.little about how my computer does things.
    >
    >My question is this, Am I going to benefit from this type of clean-up. I've a 160GB HD
    >and 512MB Ram. Aren't registry values really small. And when I do a delete-internet
    >files is that not doing the same thing ?
    >
    >P.

    I use Easy cleaner and Regseeker,both free,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html
    Work in all versions of windows.Don't use the,"Duplicate File Finder"
    option of Easy cleaner unless you know the files you are looking at.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Jun 17, 2005