    on my Windows XP. I know nothing about the registry other than that it is
    nothing for me to mess with. Is it safe for me to click on "Repair Registry"
    in Registry Booster?

    Sue, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Sue

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:51:24 GMT, Sue wrote:

    >I ran Uniblue Registry Booster 1.0 which found 171 invalid registry entries
    >on my Windows XP. I know nothing about the registry other than that it is
    >nothing for me to mess with. Is it safe for me to click on "Repair Registry"

    Take youe own advice,
    "it is nothing for me to mess with"

    >in Registry Booster?

    Me

    why?, Aug 17, 2006

  3. Sue

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Sue" <> wrote:

    >I ran Uniblue Registry Booster 1.0 which found 171 invalid registry entries
    >on my Windows XP. I know nothing about the registry other than that it is
    >nothing for me to mess with. Is it safe for me to click on "Repair Registry"
    >in Registry Booster?

    "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

    If you actually had serious problems in the registry you would be
    getting error messages, or possibly even total crashes, from Windows.

    I have no personal knowledge of Uniblue Registry Booster 1.0 so I
    can't talk about it specifically. However many products of this type
    tend to produce a lot of "false positives" (reporting non-existant
    errors) as an inducement to try to convince you to purchase their
    product.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Aug 17, 2006
  4. Sue

    Guest

    "Sue" <> wrote:

    >I ran Uniblue Registry Booster 1.0 which found 171 invalid registry entries
    >on my Windows XP. I know nothing about the registry other than that it is
    >nothing for me to mess with. Is it safe for me to click on "Repair Registry"
    >in Registry Booster?

    If you do decide to clean it up (remove the trash) run ERUNT first
    It backs up the registry, if you have problems just rerun it to
    replace the old registry hives.

    --
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

    , Aug 18, 2006
  5. Sue

    Sue Guest

    Thanks for all your responses. I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

    Sue, Aug 18, 2006