Registration problem

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Steve, May 13, 2007.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi,

    I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
    I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
    * 1 -> at home => works fine
    * The second one, at my friend house.

    The last one, doesn't register...

    SIP.CONF
    [121]

    type=friend
    username=121
    secret=121
    host=dynamic
    callerid=121
    context=default
    mailbox=121
    canreinvite=no
    nat=yes

    On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to
    make sure I can catch everything :)

    And I can't regsiter....

    ANy idea ?

    THanks for your help

    Steve, May 13, 2007

  2. Steve

    Jono Guest

    Steve pretended :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
    > I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
    > * 1 -> at home => works fine
    > * The second one, at my friend house.
    >
    > The last one, doesn't register...
    >
    > SIP.CONF
    > [121]
    >
    > type=friend
    > username=121
    > secret=121
    > host=dynamic
    > callerid=121
    > context=default
    > mailbox=121
    > canreinvite=no
    > nat=yes
    >
    > On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to make
    > sure I can catch everything :)
    >
    > And I can't regsiter....
    >
    > ANy idea ?
    >
    > THanks for your help

    Have you got:

    localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
    externip=your.ip.or.hostname
    nat=yes

    ....in your sip.conf?

    Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both sites.

    You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....

    Some of the ports below may also be required:

    8000 - 8012
    3478 - 3483
    5004 - 5036
    4560 - 4570
    2727

    Jono, May 13, 2007

  3. Steve

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Steve pretended :
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
    > > I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
    > > * 1 -> at home => works fine
    > > * The second one, at my friend house.
    > >
    > > The last one, doesn't register...
    > >
    > > SIP.CONF
    > > [121]
    > >
    > > type=friend
    > > username=121
    > > secret=121
    > > host=dynamic
    > > callerid=121
    > > context=default
    > > mailbox=121
    > > canreinvite=no
    > > nat=yes
    > >
    > > On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090]

    (just to make
    > > sure I can catch everything :)
    > >
    > > And I can't regsiter....
    > >
    > > ANy idea ?
    > >
    > > THanks for your help

    > Have you got:
    >
    > localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
    > externip=your.ip.or.hostname
    > nat=yes
    >
    > ...in your sip.conf?
    >
    > Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both sites.
    >
    > You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....
    >
    > Some of the ports below may also be required:
    >
    > 8000 - 8012
    > 3478 - 3483
    > 5004 - 5036
    > 4560 - 4570
    > 2727

    Jono

    I'm going through a similar problem with the X-lite softphone and with
    a Sipura ATA2000 on Sipgate and voip.co.uk. I have a preconfigured
    X-Lite softphone supplied by Sipgate and it works perfectly with
    incoming calls without the need to port forward through my router. The
    non-preconfigured softphone looks to register with either Sipgate or
    voip but I cannot make calls: the Sipura will not register with
    either.

    My Belkin router will only permit one UDP range to be forwarded per IP
    address. How do I manage the others? I have even tried the DMZ with no
    joy.

    Any advice gratefully received - it's driving me batty!

    --
    Woody

    harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    harrogate3, May 13, 2007
  4. Steve

    Jono Guest

    harrogate3 laid this down on his screen :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Steve pretended :
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
    >>> I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
    >>> * 1 -> at home => works fine
    >>> * The second one, at my friend house.
    >>>
    >>> The last one, doesn't register...
    >>>
    >>> SIP.CONF
    >>> [121]
    >>>
    >>> type=friend
    >>> username=121
    >>> secret=121
    >>> host=dynamic
    >>> callerid=121
    >>> context=default
    >>> mailbox=121
    >>> canreinvite=no
    >>> nat=yes
    >>>
    >>> On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to
    >>> make sure I can catch everything :)
    >>>
    >>> And I can't regsiter....
    >>>
    >>> ANy idea ?
    >>>
    >>> THanks for your help

    >> Have you got:
    >>
    >> localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
    >> externip=your.ip.or.hostname
    >> nat=yes
    >>
    >> ...in your sip.conf?
    >>
    >> Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both sites.
    >>
    >> You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....
    >>
    >> Some of the ports below may also be required:
    >>
    >> 8000 - 8012
    >> 3478 - 3483
    >> 5004 - 5036
    >> 4560 - 4570
    >> 2727
    >>

    > Jono
    >
    > I'm going through a similar problem with the X-lite softphone and with
    > a Sipura ATA2000 on Sipgate and voip.co.uk. I have a preconfigured
    > X-Lite softphone supplied by Sipgate and it works perfectly with
    > incoming calls without the need to port forward through my router. The
    > non-preconfigured softphone looks to register with either Sipgate or
    > voip but I cannot make calls: the Sipura will not register with
    > either.
    >
    > My Belkin router will only permit one UDP range to be forwarded per IP
    > address. How do I manage the others? I have even tried the DMZ with no
    > joy.
    >
    > Any advice gratefully received - it's driving me batty!

    Is it the SPA you're having probs with, in particular?

    Have you given it a static IP address on your LAN? If so, make sure you
    also enter the DNS server IP addresses too, otherwise it won't be able
    to look up the server's address - the SPA doesn't think "Oh, I'll use
    the router as a DNS server" you actually need to enter the addresses
    manually.

    Jono, May 13, 2007
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
    > I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
    > * 1 -> at home => works fine
    > * The second one, at my friend house.
    >
    > The last one, doesn't register...
    >
    > SIP.CONF
    > [121]
    >
    > type=friend
    > username=121
    > secret=121
    > host=dynamic
    > callerid=121
    > context=default
    > mailbox=121
    > canreinvite=no
    > nat=yes
    >
    > On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to
    > make sure I can catch everything :)
    >
    > And I can't regsiter....
    >
    > ANy idea ?
    >
    > THanks for your help

    I made the test, but without any success.. :-(
    I try as well to leave my machine on DMZ zone, adn works fine.. I
    suppose that my router is the problem (Router Billion 7300G)

    That's really annoying....

    FOR info, (and I don't lknow why) X-lite v3.0, try to regsiter on port
    absolutely crasy ; something like 43000... anyway...

    Steve, May 14, 2007
  6. Steve

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > Steve wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
    > > I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
    > > * 1 -> at home => works fine
    > > * The second one, at my friend house.
    > >
    > > The last one, doesn't register...
    > >
    > > SIP.CONF
    > > [121]
    > >
    > > type=friend
    > > username=121
    > > secret=121
    > > host=dynamic
    > > callerid=121
    > > context=default
    > > mailbox=121
    > > canreinvite=no
    > > nat=yes
    > >
    > > On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090]

    (just to
    > > make sure I can catch everything :)
    > >
    > > And I can't regsiter....
    > >
    > > ANy idea ?
    > >
    > > THanks for your help
    > >

    > I made the test, but without any success.. :-(
    > I try as well to leave my machine on DMZ zone, adn works fine.. I
    > suppose that my router is the problem (Router Billion 7300G)
    >
    > That's really annoying....
    >
    > FOR info, (and I don't lknow why) X-lite v3.0, try to regsiter on

    port
    > absolutely crasy ; something like 43000... anyway...

    Snap - mine does as well.....................

    harrogate3, May 14, 2007
  7. Steve

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > harrogate3 laid this down on his screen :
    > > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > >> Steve pretended :

    (just to

    > >> Have you got:
    > >>
    > >> localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
    > >> externip=your.ip.or.hostname
    > >> nat=yes
    > >>
    > >> ...in your sip.conf?
    > >>
    > >> Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both

    sites.

    > >> You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....
    > >>
    > >> Some of the ports below may also be required:
    > >>
    > >> 8000 - 8012
    > >> 3478 - 3483
    > >> 5004 - 5036
    > >> 4560 - 4570
    > >> 2727
    > >>

    > > Jono
    > >
    > > I'm going through a similar problem with the X-lite softphone and

    with
    > > a Sipura ATA2000 on Sipgate and voip.co.uk. I have a preconfigured
    > > X-Lite softphone supplied by Sipgate and it works perfectly with
    > > incoming calls without the need to port forward through my router.

    The
    > > non-preconfigured softphone looks to register with either Sipgate

    or
    > > voip but I cannot make calls: the Sipura will not register with
    > > either.
    > >
    > > My Belkin router will only permit one UDP range to be forwarded

    per IP
    > > address. How do I manage the others? I have even tried the DMZ

    with no
    > > joy.
    > >
    > > Any advice gratefully received - it's driving me batty!

    > Is it the SPA you're having probs with, in particular?
    >
    > Have you given it a static IP address on your LAN? If so, make sure

    you
    > also enter the DNS server IP addresses too, otherwise it won't be

    able
    > to look up the server's address - the SPA doesn't think "Oh, I'll

    use
    > the router as a DNS server" you actually need to enter the addresses
    > manually.

    Curiously although I only have nnn.nnn.nnn.1-3 allocated, if I leave
    DHCP active it always registers as 18. Have tried static addressing
    but to no joy.

    What I don't understand is why one softphone works OK incoming but not
    outgoing in the same or a later version. The fact that I seem to have
    no joy with either softphone or ATA suggests to me it is a routing
    problem but I'll be blowed if I can find out what/where it is! Maybe
    time to ditch the Belkin and get a Netgear or Cisco?

    harrogate3, May 14, 2007