    running now - and I've restarted everything this end......

    So is there a problem - or is it me ? ;)

    Cheers!
    NutCracker, Jan 2, 2006

  2. NutCracker

    Jono Guest

    NutCracker wrote:
    || Ok, I have been tinkering with my setup (attempting to get Asterisk
    || configured with my Sipura SPA-3000). Anyway, I've restored
    || everything back from my backup I took earlier - but now I can't
    || register onto the proxy.voip.co.uk server. At the time, I lost my
    || ADSL connection (coincidence !?) - but that's back up and running
    || now - and I've restarted everything this end......
    || So is there a problem - or is it me ? ;)
    || Cheers!

    I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk & it's
    working fine ATM:

    123456:/123456
    Jono, Jan 2, 2006

  3. Jono wrote:

    > I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk & it's
    > working fine ATM:
    >
    > 123456:/123456

    They are both the same machine.
    Thomas Kenyon, Jan 2, 2006
  4. NutCracker

    Jono Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    || Jono wrote:
    ||| I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk &
    ||| it's working fine ATM:
    ||| 123456:/123456
    || They are both the same machine.

    OK then, different details, address, whatever.

    I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..
    Jono, Jan 2, 2006
  5. NutCracker

    NutCracker Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:10:50 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >|| They are both the same machine.
    >
    >OK then, different details, address, whatever.
    >
    >I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..

    They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to put
    everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still unable
    to reconnect back. Hmmmm
    NutCracker, Jan 2, 2006
  6. NutCracker

    Jono Guest

    "NutCracker" <> wrote in message

    >>OK then, different details, address, whatever.
    >>
    >>I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..
    >>

    > They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to
    > put
    > everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still
    > unable
    > to reconnect back. Hmmmm

    You a serial tinkerer (like me)?

    I would suggest that you prove, one way or an other, exactly where the fault
    lies.

    Have you tried a softphone?
    Jono, Jan 2, 2006
  7. NutCracker

    NutCracker Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:38:25 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >"NutCracker" <> wrote in message

    >>>OK then, different details, address, whatever.
    >>>
    >>>I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..
    >>>

    >> They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to
    >> put
    >> everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still
    >> unable
    >> to reconnect back. Hmmmm
    >>

    >You a serial tinkerer (like me)?
    >
    >I would suggest that you prove, one way or an other, exactly where the fault
    >lies.
    >
    >Have you tried a softphone?

    Yeah, I've just tried it with SJPhone and that worked. Bugger. The restore was
    based on the .htm file that I saved from the server (admin and advanced). I
    thought that the problem was to do with the password not being restored (or
    saved for that matter) but I've just re-entered it manually and still no go.....
    NutCracker, Jan 2, 2006
  8. NutCracker

    > On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:38:25 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"NutCracker" <> wrote in message

    >>> They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to
    >>> put
    >>> everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still
    >>> unable
    >>> to reconnect back. Hmmmm
    >>>

    >>You a serial tinkerer (like me)?
    >>
    >>I would suggest that you prove, one way or an other, exactly where the
    >>fault
    >>lies.
    >>
    >>Have you tried a softphone?
    >>

    > Yeah, I've just tried it with SJPhone and that worked. Bugger. The
    > restore was
    > based on the .htm file that I saved from the server (admin and advanced).
    > thought that the problem was to do with the password not being restored
    > (or
    > saved for that matter) but I've just re-entered it manually and still no
    > go.....

    Do I take it that you're using your SPA for the registration?
    Jono, Jan 2, 2006
  9. NutCracker

    NutCracker Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:50:24 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >"NutCracker" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:38:25 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"NutCracker" <> wrote in message

    >>>You a serial tinkerer (like me)?
    >>>
    >>>I would suggest that you prove, one way or an other, exactly where the
    >>>fault
    >>>lies.
    >>>
    >>>Have you tried a softphone?
    >>>

    >> Yeah, I've just tried it with SJPhone and that worked. Bugger. The
    >> restore was
    >> based on the .htm file that I saved from the server (admin and advanced).
    >> thought that the problem was to do with the password not being restored
    >> (or
    >> saved for that matter) but I've just re-entered it manually and still no
    >> go.....
    >>

    >Do I take it that you're using your SPA for the registration?

    Yes. I had it all working fine with the SPA - until I started exploring
    Asterisk! ;-) It all looks ok within the browser...so may be the restore screws
    up somewhere...may have to do a factory reset and start again....
    NutCracker, Jan 2, 2006
  10. NutCracker

    Jono Guest

    NutCracker wrote:
    || On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:50:24 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:
    ||| "NutCracker" <> wrote in message
    ||| Do I take it that you're using your SPA for the registration?
    || Yes. I had it all working fine with the SPA - until I started
    || exploring Asterisk! ;-) It all looks ok within the browser...so may
    || be the restore screws up somewhere...may have to do a factory reset
    || and start again....

    The best way to save your config, is perhaps using dualarrow's little
    utility, although the horse has already bolted!

    http://www.dualarrow.com

    http://www.dualarrow.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=2

    Anyway, when I tried to restore from an html file the way you're trying, it
    all went pear shaped for me.

    Have you tried, rather than restoring, doing a reset , then copy & pasting
    each of your settings from the saved html files manually back to the sipura?
    Jono, Jan 2, 2006
  11. NutCracker

    NutCracker Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:24:05 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >NutCracker wrote:
    >|| Yes. I had it all working fine with the SPA - until I started
    >|| exploring Asterisk! ;-) It all looks ok within the browser...so may
    >|| be the restore screws up somewhere...may have to do a factory reset
    >|| and start again....
    >
    >The best way to save your config, is perhaps using dualarrow's little
    >utility, although the horse has already bolted!
    >
    >http://www.dualarrow.com
    >
    >http://www.dualarrow.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=2
    >
    >Anyway, when I tried to restore from an html file the way you're trying, it
    >all went pear shaped for me.
    >
    >Have you tried, rather than restoring, doing a reset , then copy & pasting
    >each of your settings from the saved html files manually back to the sipura?

    I've done a factory reset now and updated some of the settings.....but still no
    luck. I'm a bit stumped as to what's happening.....anyway, time for a beer or
    two and come back to this later...might make more sense then! Thanks for your
    help!
    NutCracker, Jan 2, 2006
  12. NutCracker

    Tim Bray Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >> 123456:/123456

    > They are both the same machine.

    You can have more than one SIP domain running on an IP address.

    Tim
    Tim Bray, Jan 2, 2006
  13. NutCracker

    NutCracker Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:24:05 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >NutCracker wrote:
    >|| Yes. I had it all working fine with the SPA - until I started
    >|| exploring Asterisk! ;-) It all looks ok within the browser...so may
    >|| be the restore screws up somewhere...may have to do a factory reset
    >|| and start again....
    >
    >The best way to save your config, is perhaps using dualarrow's little
    >utility, although the horse has already bolted!
    >
    >http://www.dualarrow.com
    >
    >http://www.dualarrow.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=2
    >
    >Anyway, when I tried to restore from an html file the way you're trying, it
    >all went pear shaped for me.
    >
    >Have you tried, rather than restoring, doing a reset , then copy & pasting
    >each of your settings from the saved html files manually back to the sipura?

    I knew going out for a few beers might sort things! I've come back and rebooted
    the lot (adsl router and spa-3000) and bingo, it registered first time! Weird!
    I haven't a clue what the cause of the problem was - may be related to the
    outage I had earlier - although I did reboot things then.....bugger.

    The funny thing is, because I wasn't able to register, when I called my number,
    it went through to the voicemail system - great! I could leave a message and it
    was emailed to me! However, now that I'm able to register, it won't let me
    leave a message when the line is busy - or allow me to dial 121 to listen to my
    messages......aarrghh!!
    NutCracker, Jan 2, 2006
  14. NutCracker

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:16:17 +0000, NutCracker
    <> wrote:

    >>The best way to save your config, is perhaps using dualarrow's little
    >>utility, although the horse has already bolted!
    >>
    >>http://www.dualarrow.com
    >>
    >>http://www.dualarrow.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=2
    >>
    >>Anyway, when I tried to restore from an html file the way you're trying, it
    >>all went pear shaped for me.
    >>
    >>Have you tried, rather than restoring, doing a reset , then copy & pasting
    >>each of your settings from the saved html files manually back to the sipura?
    >>

    >I knew going out for a few beers might sort things! I've come back and rebooted
    >the lot (adsl router and spa-3000) and bingo, it registered first time! Weird!
    >I haven't a clue what the cause of the problem was - may be related to the
    >outage I had earlier - although I did reboot things then.....bugger.
    >
    >The funny thing is, because I wasn't able to register, when I called my number,
    >it went through to the voicemail system - great! I could leave a message and it
    >was emailed to me! However, now that I'm able to register, it won't let me
    >leave a message when the line is busy - or allow me to dial 121 to listen to my
    >messages......aarrghh!!

    Sometimes when you click to update the settings on the SPA-3000 it
    doesn't actually update. You end up messing about with various
    settings, thinking you have tried several options under the illusion
    that it is updating each time - well it ain't in my experience. If I
    hear the phone 'ding' then I can be fairly sure that it has updated -
    if not then it only might have updated. The only sure way is, after
    updating settings, is to unplug the supply from the ATA, pause,
    reconnect, then wait a few seconds for the ATA to get running again.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jan 3, 2006