    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    http://www.nrkn.com/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    Nik Coughin, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Nik Coughin

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:03:00 +1300, Nik Coughin wrote:

    > What is the cheapest, easiest way to register a company? What is
    > involved? What sort of money are we talking about? Can I do it online?

    http://www.companies.govt.nz/pls/web/dbssiten.main

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Oct 4, 2004

  3. Nik Coughin

    Harry Guest

    Nik Coughin wrote:

    > What is the cheapest, easiest way to register a company? What is
    > involved?
    > What sort of money are we talking about? Can I do it online?

    About $250:

    <http://www.registeracompany.co.nz>

    Harry, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Nik Coughin

    Chris Hope Guest

    Harry wrote:

    > Nik Coughin wrote:
    >
    >> What is the cheapest, easiest way to register a company? What is
    >> involved?
    >> What sort of money are we talking about? Can I do it online?

    > About $250:
    >
    > <http://www.registeracompany.co.nz>

    No, use the companies office, it's much cheaper and you can do it online. I
    keep getting an error when I try to look up the prices on the website but
    when I registered my company in Jan last year it was $60 all up.

    Chris Hope, Oct 4, 2004
  5. In article <5328d.9615$>, Chris Hope <> wrote:
    >Harry wrote:
    >> Nik Coughin wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is the cheapest, easiest way to register a company? What is
    >>> involved?
    >>> What sort of money are we talking about? Can I do it online?

    >> About $250:
    >>
    >> <http://www.registeracompany.co.nz>

    >No, use the companies office, it's much cheaper and you can do it online. I
    >keep getting an error when I try to look up the prices on the website but
    >when I registered my company in Jan last year it was $60 all up.

    Or for a loss qualifying company, online $10 I'm told.

    Bruce

    ------------------------------
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

    -Redd Foxx

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 4, 2004
  6. Nik Coughin

    TomV Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:45:13 +1300, Harry <> wrote:

    >Nik Coughin wrote:
    >
    >> What is the cheapest, easiest way to register a company? What is
    >> involved?
    >> What sort of money are we talking about? Can I do it online?

    >About $250:
    >
    > <http://www.registeracompany.co.nz>

    Don't get anyone else to do it for you. It' sa waste of money. The
    proecss is bog simple and a lot cheaper to do it yourself.

    ....tom

    TomV, Oct 4, 2004
  7. Nik Coughin

    JedMeister Guest

    I agree, but what about the other legal company documentation requirements
    such as company incorporation minutes , and shareholder structure etc..

    In the UK, companies such as 1st Contact had standard templates for setting
    up new companies that were quite handy.

    JedMeister, Oct 4, 2004
  8. Nik Coughin

    TomV Guest

    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:06:18 +1300, "JedMeister"
    <> wrote:

    >I agree, but what about the other legal company documentation requirements
    >such as company incorporation minutes , and shareholder structure etc..
    >
    >In the UK, companies such as 1st Contact had standard templates for setting
    >up new companies that were quite handy.

    Umm. My accountant held a meeting and did some basic minutes. Just
    don't let the accountant actually register your company or you'll pay
    through the nose. Shareholder structure was pretty basic IIR

    Check the companies website. NZ is known as one of the easiest places
    in the world to set up a company. The stuff is pretty routine.

    There's a bunch of forms here

    http://tinyurl.com/4nfpp

    ....tom

    TomV, Oct 4, 2004
  9. Nik Coughin

    JedMeister Guest

    "TomV" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:06:18 +1300, "JedMeister"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I agree, but what about the other legal company documentation requirements
    >>such as company incorporation minutes , and shareholder structure etc..
    >>
    >>In the UK, companies such as 1st Contact had standard templates for
    >>setting
    >>up new companies that were quite handy.

    > Umm. My accountant held a meeting and did some basic minutes. Just
    > don't let the accountant actually register your company or you'll pay
    > through the nose. Shareholder structure was pretty basic IIR
    >
    > Check the companies website. NZ is known as one of the easiest places
    > in the world to set up a company. The stuff is pretty routine.
    >
    > There's a bunch of forms here
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4nfpp
    >
    > ...tom

    Perhaps I should have said nothing - I only know from my UK experience.

    JedMeister, Oct 4, 2004
  10. Nik Coughin

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <Zi18d.9600$>,
    "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote:
    >What is the cheapest, easiest way to register a company? What is involved?
    >What sort of money are we talking about? Can I do it online?

    The answers are all at: http://www.companies.govt.nz
    .... which reminds me, time to file my annual return.

    It's ironic that people who are too smart to engage in politics
    are governed by people who are not as smart.

    Don Hills, Oct 4, 2004
  11. Nik Coughin

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <5328d.9615$>, Chris Hope <> wrote:
    >
    >>Harry wrote:

    >>>About $250:
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.registeracompany.co.nz>

    >>No, use the companies office, it's much cheaper and you can do it online. I
    >>keep getting an error when I try to look up the prices on the website but
    >>when I registered my company in Jan last year it was $60 all up.

    > Or for a loss qualifying company, online $10 I'm told.
    >

    > Bruce
    >
    > ------------------------------
    > Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
    >
    > -Redd Foxx
    >

    > Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    > (if there were any)

    On line is the way to go, you will need a company constitution (there
    should be links to constitution from the MOED website, some thing like
    www.cch.co.nz ?) + an annual fee which I think is about $15 year if you
    do that on line. The initial cost was about $30 IIRC + the cost of the
    constitution which was about $25 IIRC

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 4, 2004
  12. It seems like Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:03:00 +1300 was when "Nik Coughin"
    <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...

    >What is the cheapest, easiest way to register a company? What is involved?
    >What sort of money are we talking about? Can I do it online?
    >
    >TIA!

    http://www.homebizbuzz.co.nz/article.php3?ArticleID=850 seems pretty
    easy. $279 GST inclusive, online, no worries.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 4, 2004
  13. Nik Coughin

    K Guest

    >http://www.homebizbuzz.co.nz/article.php3?ArticleID=850 seems pretty
    >easy. $279 GST inclusive, online, no worries.

    Exactly............ 279 + GST or $60 that others are quoting.........
    exactly like house conveyencing....... IF you knew the rules and what
    to do, that only costs $140.00 + GST..... too many people praying on
    others ignorance..... it sux!

    K, Oct 5, 2004
  14. Nik Coughin

    Harry Guest

    K wrote:

    >>http://www.homebizbuzz.co.nz/article.php3?ArticleID=850 seems pretty
    >>easy. $279 GST inclusive, online, no worries.

    > Exactly............ 279 + GST or $60 that others are quoting.........
    > exactly like house conveyencing....... IF you knew the rules and what
    > to do, that only costs $140.00 + GST..... too many people praying on
    > others ignorance..... it sux!

    It depends on what sort of company you want, what special company
    rules you might need, etc. If you are a one-man band then it might
    not matter so much, but for others it might.

    Also, unless you think you are an expert on everything, sometimes
    it pays to employ experienced people so that you can be sure you
    get it right - without much hassle, time, or risk.

    I mean, you could conduct your own court case because lawyers sux.
    But that might cost you a lot more in the long run.

    Or you could surgically remove you own appendix - because expert
    surgeons sux. But you might get it wrong.

    If everyone took the same attitude then nobody would employ you
    to do whatever you do - because everyone is better off doing it themselves.

    You tend to get what you give.
    I suppose you don't support any charities either because they are
    praying on others.

    Harry, Oct 5, 2004
  15. "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > It seems like Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:03:00 +1300 was when "Nik Coughin"
    > <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>What is the cheapest, easiest way to register a company? What is
    >>involved?
    >>What sort of money are we talking about? Can I do it online?
    >>
    >>TIA!

    > http://www.homebizbuzz.co.nz/article.php3?ArticleID=850 seems pretty
    > easy. $279 GST inclusive, online, no worries.

    The cheapest way is to go in to the Companies Office and fill out the
    appropriate forms. Usually it is slightly cheaper to do this sort of thing
    online at their site http://www.companies.govt.nz (the annual returns are
    certainly cheaper this way).

    That said, cheapest is not always the best with such things...

    At the very least, I recommend reading the Companies Act (available on
    www.govt.nz) if you are not going to employ a lawyer.

    Andrew

    Andrew Bryson, Oct 6, 2004
  16. Nik Coughin

    Harry Guest

    Andrew Bryson wrote:

    > At the very least, I recommend reading the Companies Act (available on
    > www.govt.nz) if you are not going to employ a lawyer.

    Much easier for me to work for an extra hour than read
    the Companies Act. LOL! At least I will stay awake.
    Glad I never became a lawyer.

    They say money is an enabler. Sure is. But if you are so miserly
    that you don't spend any of it ... you will remain disabled.

    Harry, Oct 6, 2004