    without having to reinstall the operating system.?
    Also does anyone know how to do the same thing for Office 97?

    Thanks
    Bobby, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Bobby

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Bobby

    Psytaur Guest

    "Bobby" <> wrote in message
    news:bhgtts$ipj$...
    > Does anyone please know how I change the person registered for Windows

    98
    > without having to reinstall the operating system.?
    > Also does anyone know how to do the same thing for Office 97?

    As Mike suggested or: To change you ownership value: Go to start,
    run, (type in) regedit hit OK . Expand these:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion . On the
    right side you will see RegisteredOwner , double click it and type in
    what you want it to be.
    Similar for Office 97, but I don't have it on mine so go to start,
    run, (type in) regedit hit OK . On the top select Edit then find and
    type in office, or 97 it will (after 30 seconds or so) bring you to the
    general area, look in the right panel for a value pertaining to
    registered and change it in the same manner.
    Psytaur, Aug 15, 2003