Registered Name...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ToniandGuyFreak, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. When I go into system and it says who my computer is registered it's got my
    dad's name. How do I change it to mine?

    ToniandGuyFreak, Apr 20, 2004

  2. ToniandGuyFreak

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "ToniandGuyFreak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I go into system and it says who my computer is registered it's got

    my
    > dad's name. How do I change it to mine?

    Before you post to newsgroups, please read the following web site and fix
    your email address: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

    And it is not possible to provide the help you requested unless you tell us
    what operating system your computer is running:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Please post back with more details :eek:)

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 20, 2004

  3. ToniandGuyFreak

    Pool Champ Guest

    "ToniandGuyFreak" asked in message ....

    > When I go into system and it says who my computer is registered it's got

    my
    > dad's name. How do I change it to mine?

    To change the Registered User Information for Windows Me Windows 98 and
    Windows 95
    (You can change the Registered Owner, Registered Organisation, or Product ID
    to anything you want).
    Run the Registry Editor
    Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion.
    To change the values of the RegisteredOrganization, RegisteredOwner, or
    ProductId, simply double-click on them and edit.

    This will only change the registered user information for Windows, not for
    the applications on your system.

    Hope this helps
    PC

    Pool Champ, Apr 20, 2004