    the hostname or any other name of my choice at the server?

    Thank you kindly,
    Michael

    Perdition, Dec 19, 2006

  2. Perdition

    Guest

    Not that I'm aware of - we manually add all of our devices to DNS.

    On Dec 19, 2:30 am, "Perdition" <> wrote:
    > I've been able to lookup dns names with domain-name and name-server
    > just fine, but when i checked the DNS records on the server i didn't
    > see the ip of the router. Is there a way that i can make the router
    > work as a workstation as far as DNS is concerned, so that it publicises
    > the hostname or any other name of my choice at the server?
    >
    > Thank you kindly,
    > Michael

    , Dec 19, 2006

  3. On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 23:30:59 -0800, Perdition wrote:

    > I've been able to lookup dns names with domain-name and name-server
    > just fine, but when i checked the DNS records on the server i didn't
    > see the ip of the router. Is there a way that i can make the router
    > work as a workstation as far as DNS is concerned, so that it publicises
    > the hostname or any other name of my choice at the server?

    Cisco IOS will do this:

    Dynamic DNS Support for Cisco IOS Software
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5413/
    products_feature_guide09186a0080359e69.html

    Don't know if this is what the M$ box is looking for though.

    Rgds,
    Martin

    Martin Gallagher, Dec 20, 2006