    --
    Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
    +49 178 8545053
    Georg Schwarz, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Georg Schwarz

    Jono Guest

    Georg Schwarz wrote:
    || Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk,
    || voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based
    || Software?
    || --
    || Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
    || +49 178 8545053

    Not that I'm aware of.
    Jono, Jan 15, 2006

  3. Georg Schwarz

    BlueRinse Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:59:34 +0100, Georg Schwarz wrote:

    > Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk,
    > voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based
    > Software?

    You can create the account using their software and then use the account
    without their software, but I guess you have to usse the Windows phone
    once to register.

    I received a recent mailing from voicebuster saying they gave everyone a
    free local phone number. I put them back on my box and then the next day
    there was a message from them saying that the account credit expires in
    such and such a time and to put more money in.
    BlueRinse, Jan 15, 2006
  4. BlueRinse <> wrote:

    > You can create the account using their software and then use the account
    > without their software, but I guess you have to usse the Windows phone
    > once to register.

    I suspect that the software does little more for registration than
    calling some specific URLs. If these were known one could probably
    register with a browser.
    Georg Schwarz, Jan 15, 2006
  5. Georg Schwarz

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:36:55 +0100, (Georg
    Schwarz) put finger to keyboard and composed:

    >BlueRinse <> wrote:
    >
    >> You can create the account using their software and then use the account
    >> without their software, but I guess you have to usse the Windows phone
    >> once to register.

    >I suspect that the software does little more for registration than
    >calling some specific URLs. If these were known one could probably
    >register with a browser.

    FWIW, I haven't been able to get Voipbuster to work with an xTen Lite
    softphone although others claim to have done so. Nor have I been
    successful with Voipcheap, although both Voipstunt and Sipdiscount are
    OK. I notice that all four providers require me to allow server mode
    in my firewall settings, but only when using their Win XP software.
    Perhaps there's a clue there.

    - Franc Zabkar
    Franc Zabkar, Jan 17, 2006