    Please give me a hint on that. Thanks a lot in advance.
    Kind regards from Poland,
    Ricardo
    Ricardo, Mar 13, 2006

  2. On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:05:28 +0100, "Ricardo" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I am willing to buy a DVD film in Amazon. The problem is that I live in
    >Poland (Central Europe) and the Amazon description of the film goes as
    >follows:
    > Format: Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC
    > Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
    > Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
    >My question is whether I will experience problems because of this "region 1"
    >encoding watching the film on a DVD player or a computer? The other thing is
    >the color encoding by NTSC, and here in POland we do have PAL, as far as I
    >know.
    >Please give me a hint on that. Thanks a lot in advance.
    >Kind regards from Poland,
    >Ricardo

    Poland is R2 PAL. You could also play an R0 PAL disc. Check the title
    at the UK Amazon or German sites, which would be selling R2 PAL discs.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/
    http://www.amazon.de/

    Good luck

    Charles
    nzvideos.org
    Charles Eggen, Mar 13, 2006

  3. Ricardo

    Geoff B Guest

    "Ricardo" wondered...
    > Hello,
    > I am willing to buy a DVD film in Amazon. The problem is that I live in
    > Poland (Central Europe) and the Amazon description of the film goes as
    > follows:
    > Format: Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC
    > Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
    > Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
    > My question is whether I will experience problems because of this "region
    > 1"
    > encoding watching the film on a DVD player or a computer? The other thing
    > is
    > the color encoding by NTSC, and here in POland we do have PAL, as far as I
    > know.
    > Please give me a hint on that. Thanks a lot in advance.
    > Kind regards from Poland,
    > Ricardo

    Most DVD players will have a 'hack' that can be accessed from the remote
    contol to free up the region codes - but you might have to hunt on the
    internet to find the right code for your machine (although sometimes staff
    in the shop selling them will know, so you could try asking there).
    As for the PC drive - I'm trying to find out what is the best programme to
    use, myself.

    Cheers,

    _______
    Geoff B
    Geoff B, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Ricardo

    Ricardo Guest

    U¿ytkownik "Geoff B" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > "Ricardo" wondered...
    >> Hello,
    >> I am willing to buy a DVD film in Amazon. The problem is that I live in
    >> Poland (Central Europe) and the Amazon description of the film goes as
    >> follows:
    >> Format: Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC
    >> Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
    >> Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
    >> My question is whether I will experience problems because of this "region
    >> 1"
    >> encoding watching the film on a DVD player or a computer? The other thing
    >> is
    >> the color encoding by NTSC, and here in POland we do have PAL, as far as
    >> know.
    >> Please give me a hint on that. Thanks a lot in advance.
    >> Kind regards from Poland,
    >> Ricardo

    > Most DVD players will have a 'hack' that can be accessed from the remote
    > contol to free up the region codes - but you might have to hunt on the
    > internet to find the right code for your machine (although sometimes staff
    > in the shop selling them will know, so you could try asking there).
    > As for the PC drive - I'm trying to find out what is the best programme to
    > use, myself.

    Thanks a lot man. May you have a nice day!
    Regards,
    Ric
    Ricardo, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Ricardo

    Ricardo Guest

    Uzytkownik "Charles Eggen" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:05:28 +0100, "Ricardo" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>I am willing to buy a DVD film in Amazon. The problem is that I live in
    >>Poland (Central Europe) and the Amazon description of the film goes as
    >>follows:
    >> Format: Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC
    >> Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
    >> Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
    >>My question is whether I will experience problems because of this "region
    >>1"
    >>encoding watching the film on a DVD player or a computer? The other thing
    >>is
    >>the color encoding by NTSC, and here in POland we do have PAL, as far as I
    >>know.
    >>Please give me a hint on that. Thanks a lot in advance.
    >>Kind regards from Poland,
    >>Ricardo
    >>

    > Poland is R2 PAL. You could also play an R0 PAL disc. Check the title
    > at the UK Amazon or German sites, which would be selling R2 PAL discs.
    > http://www.amazon.co.uk/
    > http://www.amazon.de/

    Thanks a lot Charles. Have a good day.
    Bye for now,
    Ric
    Ricardo, Mar 13, 2006
  6. Geoff B <> wrote:

    > "Ricardo" wondered...
    > > My question is whether I will experience problems because of this "region
    > > 1"
    > > encoding watching the film on a DVD player or a computer?

    (snip snip)

    > Most DVD players will have a 'hack' that can be accessed from the remote
    > contol to free up the region codes - but you might have to hunt on the
    > internet to find the right code for your machine (although sometimes staff
    > in the shop selling them will know, so you could try asking there).

    Check out this web site (go on the menu "DVD Hacks" on the left hand
    side of the homepage, under "Lists"): http://www.dvdrhelp.com
    --
    UFV:Notte prima degli esami/Il vizietto(DVD)/Domani si
    balla(VHS)/Cacciatore di teste/Vaghe stelle dell'orsa
    un fake di Alberto, Mar 14, 2006
  7. Ricardo

    Ricardo Guest

    U¿ytkownik "un fake di Alberto" <> napisa³ w
    wiadomo¶ci news:1hc6mck.1ua7ohl108qs0N%...
    > Geoff B <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Ricardo" wondered...
    >> > My question is whether I will experience problems because of this
    >> > "region
    >> > 1"
    >> > encoding watching the film on a DVD player or a computer?

    > (snip snip)
    >>
    >> Most DVD players will have a 'hack' that can be accessed from the remote
    >> contol to free up the region codes - but you might have to hunt on the
    >> internet to find the right code for your machine (although sometimes
    >> staff
    >> in the shop selling them will know, so you could try asking there).

    > Check out this web site (go on the menu "DVD Hacks" on the left hand
    > side of the homepage, under "Lists"): http://www.dvdrhelp.com
    > --
    > UFV:Notte prima degli esami/Il vizietto(DVD)/Domani si
    > balla(VHS)/Cacciatore di teste/Vaghe stelle dell'orsa
    > Forever Blues - http://www.albertofarina.tk

    Thanks for the link.
    Regards,
    Ric