    Any opinions on the software from http://www.dvdidle.com ?

    Thanks.
    DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Aug 8, 2004

  2. "DVDfanatico" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is the best way to make a copy of DVD'' with Menu's chapters,

    subtitles,
    > etc.? If you copy a PAL DVD does it come out in NTSC standard.
    >
    > Any opinions on the software from http://www.dvdidle.com ?

    I assume you mean DVDregionfree. It works and works well. If you copy a
    'PAL' DVD you end up with a 'PAL' DVD. It copies all of the DVD, but has
    the option to leave out certain unwanted features such as other language
    sound tracks.

    Ian.

    Electric Fan Club, Aug 9, 2004

  3. "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    message news:41178e1f$...

    > "DVDfanatico" <> wrote in message
    > > What is the best way to make a copy of DVD'' with Menu's chapters,

    > subtitles,
    > > etc.? If you copy a PAL DVD does it come out in NTSC standard.
    > >
    > > Any opinions on the software from http://www.dvdidle.com ?
    > >

    > I assume you mean DVDregionfree. It works and works well. If you copy a
    > 'PAL' DVD you end up with a 'PAL' DVD. It copies all of the DVD, but has
    > the option to leave out certain unwanted features such as other language
    > sound tracks.

    Doh, I was having an off day. That's what happens when you post the response
    19 days before the question is asked.

    DVDregionfree merely allows you to copy protected DVD's using any copier.
    The copying software is a separate program that copies protected disks. It
    does work, but copies double layer disks onto separate disks. There are
    copiers available (Pinnacle's Instant Copy for example) that will copy
    double layer disks onto single layer blanks - albeit with a slight reduction
    in quality.

    Ian.

    Electric Fan Club, Sep 2, 2004