    any way to update (or hack) the machine so that this is possible?

    --
    Rhino
    Rhino, Oct 27, 2009

  2. Rhino

    Mike S. Guest

    http://www.jvbdigital.nl/jvb.asp?cur=2&level=modifications&page=title&title=1050
    Mike S., Oct 27, 2009

  3. Rhino

    C3 + Guest

    On Oct 27, 6:48�am, "Rhino" <>
    wrote:
    > My mother has a new Panasonic DMP-BD80 Blu-Ray player. The player was
    > purchased here in Canada where we are in Region 1 and use NTSC.
    >
    > She has a few Region 2 DVDs (not Blu-Rays, just regular pre-BluRay DVDs) and
    > would like to be able to play them on the Panasonic Blu-Ray player. Is there
    > any way to update (or hack) the machine so that this is possible?
    >
    > --
    > Rhino

    There is probably a region hack for your player via remote. At my
    site there are links to worldwide dvd sellers and to a DVD Hack List
    to make players multiregion, which can be found at the bottom of the
    page.

    Go to www.knightlanguages.com and scroll close to the bottom.

    C3 +
    C3 +, Dec 16, 2009
  4. Rhino

    Netmask Guest

    Netmask, Dec 17, 2009
  5. Rhino

    Daniel Cohen Guest

    C3 + <> wrote:

    > On Oct 27, 6:48?am, "Rhino" <>
    > wrote:
    > > My mother has a new Panasonic DMP-BD80 Blu-Ray player. The player was
    > > purchased here in Canada where we are in Region 1 and use NTSC.
    > >
    > > She has a few Region 2 DVDs (not Blu-Rays, just regular pre-BluRay DVDs) and
    > > would like to be able to play them on the Panasonic Blu-Ray player. Is there
    > > any way to update (or hack) the machine so that this is possible?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rhino

    > There is probably a region hack for your player via remote. At my
    > site there are links to worldwide dvd sellers and to a DVD Hack List
    > to make players multiregion, which can be found at the bottom of the
    > page.

    But a Region 2 DVD is probably PAL, not NTSC. Whether the player will
    play PAL DVDs is a separate issue.

    --
    <http://www.decohen.com>
    Send e-mail to the Reply-To address.